Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

If they were to do that they'd roll it back to when everyone had played 28 games, which means we would still be relegated, as Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford all lost their 29th game, meaning if you were to remove those results they'd still be above us in the table, bottom three would stay as it is now. Wouldn't be a fair way of deciding the league anwyay whether it benefits us or not.

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wow there's some optimism there!

But it shows how many points there are to play for and how far we, or anyone else currently is to actually being relegated. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But it shows how many points there are to play for and how far we, or anyone else currently is to actually being relegated. 

Same with the championship promotion especially the playoffs

Between his interview with talksport and the times it seems like Purslow is in favour of the season restarting but if the games are played at neutral grounds then he wants relegation removed, and to just use the rest of the campaign to decide the title race and Europe and to give the lower leagues a boost.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, useless said:

Between his interview with talksport and the times it seems like Purslow is in favour of the season restarting but if the games are played at neutral grounds then he wants relegation removed, and to just use the rest of the campaign to decide the title race and Europe and to give the lower leagues a boost.

For me playing out the season without a relegation battle is like a massage without a happy ending. Just a waste of time !!!

1 hour ago, useless said:

If they were to do that they'd roll it back to when everyone had played 28 games, which means we would still be relegated, as Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford all lost their 29th game, meaning if you were to remove those results they'd still be above us in the table, bottom three would stay as it is now. Wouldn't be a fair way of deciding the league anwyay whether it benefits us or not.

Well I agree its not a fair way of deciding that, we would then still have 4 teams with games in hand as everyone played GW29. To get every team on the same amount of games played (28) they would have to annul the game week where we didn't play(GW28)— and West Ham/Watford/Norwich all won in that week

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The gap between the Premier league and Championship is becoming enormous - a well run, properly managed, financially sensible team from the Championship, if promoted would need to spend three to four hundred million pounds to compete with the likes of Watford or Crystal Palace. The gap is becoming too big - for me the problems are on both sides of that gap, not just the EFL one.

Agreed. The parachute payments were originally made to give promoted teams a chance to complete in the PL, without putting them in financial jeopardy to do so. Removing it, would in my opinion, be removing the drawbridge and it would lead to even more promoted teams, going back down after just one season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Purslow knows how to steer the debate. Mr reasonable, who also does not want villa relegated. We’re in good hands. 

Ive always said since the start of it all we have 1 huge positive in all this and its Purslow he knows what hes doing!

Edited by midian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, midian said:

Ive always said since the start of it all we have 1 huge positive in all this and its Purslow he knows what he knows what hes doing!

What do mean? We cant trust Smith to get us out the shit😁

Just seen on The Mirror twitter feed(yes i know) a draft of Boris’s apparent plan to get us out of lockdown and it say End June possible return of football behind closed doors.If thats correct surely season is done?

image.thumb.jpeg.aee7ff3b99d2b37628d3915ce1a1097a.jpeg

Also in the Mirror 

Training full contact to only start days before first game to avoid any positive tests and massages /ice baths banned so likely loads of injuries 

There's just no way the season can continue and the fact that they're trying so hard to find a way sums up this morally corrupt cesspit of a game we watch. But I'm sure they'll find a way. Money grabbing scum. 

• Like 4

If we can't get relegated, hey play the games in the middle of nowhere with no fans in empty stadiums. I dont care.

If we can get relegated, its a disgrace and a ridiculous threat to to the survival thousands of people which should be rejected on the strongest possible terms.