Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

36 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

3 pens in all comps for us.

23 pens in all comps for man utd was it?

I get they played more games than us and no doubt did more attacking than us but bloody hell!! 

This is the main aim a VAR, being able to manipulate results for profit or perverse assignment.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Did we score any of them anyway, I know Jack missed against Sheff Utd and Wesley missed against Norwich, can't remember the other one

Yes, we scored one of the three: our added time consolation goal at home to Man City, it was El Ghazi.

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Ah yes I remember!! What an important time to get one awarded!!!!

Yeah! Fair play to the ref, he thought he'd give us a great chance of a dramatic and exciting comeback in injury time. But alas in the end all it did was slightly reduce our traditional damn good thrashing against Man City, by one sixth.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Have anyone missed a penalty against us by the way?

Hmm, I don't know, I can't remember any of our keepers saving a penalty last season. Maybe one went wide or over?

7 hours ago, robby b said:

Hmm, I don't know, I can't remember any of our keepers saving a penalty last season. Maybe one went wide or over?

Did Reina save one but they got the rebound? I may have dreamed it but I think that happened...

UPDATE: Yes, he saved Son's penalty against Spurs, but he was able to score from the rebound.

Edited by Hornso
Research
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watching that video has made me think (and hope) Trezeguet will have a better season in 2020/21.

Not sure that's a sound conclusion based on watching a very brief highlight video of only his very best moments and none of the abundant bad bits.

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Not sure that's a sound conclusion based on watching a very brief highlight video of only his very best moments and none of the abundant bad bits.

I watched the games too you know 😉

34 appearances 14 as a substitute 6 goals and 1 assist, pretty good return for someone making a big step-up in the quality of league football, new to the language etc.

Trezeguet is quick, industrious and has an eye for a goal. I dread to think where we might have finished if not for his final season form!