Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So they can Finnish the season 😂😂😂

I'm sure you're very proud of that Nick 😉, as you should be. But to be precise, the season didn't even start before the lockdown. It's played in the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We are relegated if the season continues. For one we won't get the best out of jack, an two, we were pathetic and going nowhere before the season was suspended.

I believe we were heading for 20th before the virus arrived.

But after such a long break momentum can swing. Will be great with McGinn back, but other teams will have key players back as well so they can probably say the same.

• Like 1

Has anybody seen the “leaked lockdown, phases plan?Just had it sent me and says 29th June “behind closed doors” sport events can resume.

Edited by midian

12 minutes ago, midian said:

Has anybody seen the “leaked lockdown, phases plan?Just had it sent me and says 29th June “behind closed doors” sport events can resume.

Can you share it on here then?

12 minutes ago, midian said:

So we can complete 10 games in two days.....no problem! 😂. If true, means the PL is finished then.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can you share it on here then?

Its not letting me upload 😣 can i send it anyway so somebody can upload? 

Uploaded it now

Edited by midian
  • Thanks 1

There's a good chance that that's Mumbo jumbo gooey gumbo, but even if it is real it says where participants can maintain social distancing which isn't really possible in a game of football.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

Not sure who would vote against PPG apart from 3 relegated clubs.

Does it also affect if/what competition clubs will qualify for Europe? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

So the idea of no relegation is a non starter as Sky says its not going to attract viewers ...I wonder how many people can get out  of their current sky sports sub based on a non relegation season.

Where has that reported? I can't find any story. 

They are running a story from some no mark ex England official. 

Whoever wrote it probably used a laptop... Meanwhile Independent reporting that there's no chance of relegation being scrapped if the season goes ahead...

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Whoever wrote it probably used a laptop... Meanwhile Independent reporting that there's no chance of relegation being scrapped if the season goes ahead...

That Independent article has zero quotes. Nothing will be agreed until they hear government advice and meet next week. I listened to Barber from Brighton speak very clearly earlier on that he will not support neutral venues because of the harm it would do them in their right versus relegation.

As much as some people would like people like him to be seen and not heard they will need to overcome the clear opposition to the idea. The EFL is also challenging the notion that the premier League restart is the great saviour of English football.

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Let's hope the second wave doesn't happen then.

Unscrupulous b**tards!

That will be next season.😉

Just seen premier league doctors raising concerns. Too many people within the game (understandbly) raising doubts about restarting within next 6 weeks for it to happen imo.

Think need to move on to properly debating what happens with 20-21 now e.g. do you try to get this chuck of the season played within September-October or do you start a new season with many rules in place if things get stopped in November for similar time as now.

Either way I think 20-21 is going to be as disrupted as 19-20 currently is so certainly needs to be proper guidelines in place as by Feb-March there could well be some effective vaccine or treatment and also fans allowed in grounds again so they'll want to see some sort of climax to the season.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, useless said:

There's a good chance that that's Mumbo jumbo gooey gumbo, but even if it is real it says where participants can maintain social distancing which isn't really possible in a game of football.

It is for our defenders.

• Haha 1