Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Wouldn't the PL have to have the same approach that the EFL has and vice versa? Making sure that there is promotion/relegation throughout the leagues or not. 

When the FA created the Premier League they broke away from the Football League, there is a legal agreement for promotion and relegation between the two at teh moment but I'm no lawyer and I haven't read how that agreement is worded. Ideal world woudl all still be the same governing body from the top flight down to the sunday leagues and they'd be no FA/FL split. The football league started it when the FA just wanted to keep it's cup and some visionaries like AVFC thought a league might be a better idea but still certainly in times like these it'd be a whole lot more simple if there was one rule maker...

Premier League club doctors now asking questions about the safety of a restart and about how their insurance is affected. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How many footballs per game will they need the silly words removed ?

No fans to throw the balls back or 30 ball boys 👍

Whoever kicked it wide or over goes and gets it is the rule we used to play.

6 and out?

1 hand 1 bounce?

Edited by ozvillafan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How many footballs per game will they need the silly words removed ?

No fans to throw the balls back or 30 ball boys 👍

Whoever kicked it wide or over goes and gets it is the rule we used to play.

Tonev would have thrived in these circumstances 

• Haha 2

Thinking about it,  some of our players might thrive playing behind closed doors.   They won't worry about the crowd getting on their backs after 5 mins if they misplace a pass.

Wonder how McCormack would get on? He's used to being behind closed gates so it would be second nature to him!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tonev would have thrived in these circumstances 

I didn't account for balls going out the ground to be fair so that makes it worse 😅

If that happens and someone kicks the ball back into the ground with the virus & they mix the balls up,  they will all be riddled with it by half time.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I could have written  that  on my laptop

Genuinely, I would like to see you try Dem :lol:

It’d probably say “Kermit behind clothed doors supporting event activities”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Gordon Taylor talking about more subs and games not going for 45 minutes each half. Talk about integrity!

Let's just have 5-a-side with rush goalies instead!

Madenning. What a farce.

Just seen that,the longer this goes on the more farcical it is getting.If the neutral venues wasnt losing the integrity of the game less than 45 mins half definitely is!

Also says would be mid june before a return.

It appears to be getting extremely complicated. Seems players and managers have been kept out of talks - honestly think this will come down wholly to the blokes on the pitch, it's hardly a hospital ward but it's the frontline of football where this thing can spread - many will not want to do it when push comes to shove, and that will be that. 

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Gordon Taylor talking about more subs and games not going for 45 minutes each half. Talk about integrity!

Let's just have 5-a-side with rush goalies instead!

Madenning. What a farce.

I have seen people suggest a penalty shootout league 😂😂

Its amazing how many ex pros and pundits are trying to convince themselves that home advantage is just about the fans and totally discount the facilities/pitch size/familiarity etc. I think this will go ahead but any pretence that the game is for the fans in the stadiums is totally dead.

• Like 1

They are going to go with more subs to justify playing so many games in a sort space of time 

This is the other thing to put in mix as games so tight together likely to be injuries and that alone if you had a couple of players go down at same time will cripple you ..

Rush/Fly keeper must be the next suggestion ..

Next goals wins  ?

Figures for wages 

clubs get 3bil in TV money 

2.9bil on wages 

EFL 1bil in wages £100 mil in tv cash ...

59 minutes ago, midian said:

neutral venues

What happens if fans travel there anyway,  like 1000's,  if Man Utd play in London for example ? 

They would need to stop the game as the well being of fans inside or outside any ground when a game is on is on (Duty of care ?) that ground / club where the game is.

If 2 sets of fans turn up + any home fans that have heard etc etc

I am not convinced they have thought it all through.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor has suggested halves of less than 45 minutes should be considered when football resumes.

Discussions about the Premier League's return are ongoing but Taylor says players are "concerned" about safety.

• Sad 1