Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You couldn't find anyone less ITK than me, but I just have a feeling that we will sign someone today.

Knowing my ability to read a situation, and my gut feeling, we'll probably go out of business instead.

You're thinking of this time last year...

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

It is good to see the disappointment of yesterday handled with humour, we are all craving new arrivals so the lack of a promised one yesterday could easily have been greeted differently.

I was very very fortunate for an extended period of time to get unbelievable information from someone who was directly involved in our dealings. It taught me two things, that the press in the main literally haven't a clue what is going on.

Some of what they write is accurate, in that I can think of examples where we will have enquired about a player, one of a number for a position. The press report it, then they run on and on with it making up all kinds of things about the deal being close, stalling for x or y reason or failing because of z. I can think of plenty of examples of this where I'd ask the contact I had and they would dismiss them out of hand. That is the media, it is what they do. They get a sniff of something from a club, player or agent and they make the rest up, sometimes they just make it up entirely.

The other thing it taught me is that even when you are getting something from someone as close to things as it is possible to be, things change. We saw it last summer with Joe Bryan, that sort of thing happens all the time okay perhaps not as dramatically but it happens all the time. A deal is agreed and set to be signed only for a club or agent to ask for more, move the goal posts etc. I can't imagine how hard it must be trying to get deals done.

These days info coming out of VP is far far far harder to come by, there are still snippets but not the stream there once was which is perhaps an indication of the improvements in how we are run, frustrating as that might be at times.

Cynicism of ITK especially on Twitter is wise, most is utter fantasy but some can be genuine or at least it was genuine at the point it was heard but unless you have a very direct in then your info is never going to remain current. Look at the well placed people calling Butland as "done" almost 2 weeks ago now, it is never done until its signed and even then there can be a surprise or two as those who remember David Unsworth can testify.

So don't burn Delphinio on a cross just yet his username is punishment enough.

Right now our squad looks threadbare, so much so that anyone rocking up early for the kit launch should take their boots but I've complete faith in those running the club at all levels.

We will be negotiating with multiple clubs and agents, a number of deals will be close and the much needed new signings will arrive and probably very soon.

It is though only a month ago today that we triumphed at Wembley, a month isn't a lot of time. Yet we've done good business in terms of the players we've moved on and those we've recruited so far.

So have faith in Smith, Suso and Purslow and ignore the press!!

We've come a long way in a month, in another month I think our team/squad will look very different.

Thanks Trent!

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I reckon we’ll have agreed a fee with Stoke for Butland by 4pm..

So you either know something or you're a glutton for punishment! 

2 hours ago, John said:

You guys really do need to get over that disallowed goal and that penalty. The referee is always right, his decision is final, the game has gone and so have we (up to the PL).

I spoke to a Bristol City fan outside the ground after the game, who was still incandescent with rage about those two decisions as well. Your manager made it clear that he felt much the same in his post match interview. It is now time to focus on the slings and arrows that the coming season has in store.....

You missed my post after that one then?

I have moved on from it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I reckon we’ll have agreed a fee with Stoke for Butland by 4pm..

You got a set of cohones, i’ll give you that!

😃😃

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How did Butland do for Stoke in the championship? I know he was highly thought of at one point when Stoke were in the prem.

Their player of the season this year. Also, kept third most clean sheets in the league.

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, but Delphino will rise from the dead on the third day and be carried up to heaven. 

I bet you this is how the actual story started........(but without the twinternet, just word of mouth) 🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

For what it's worth, I fully support Delphinho.

I think we’ve all had a bit of fun these last few days, itk or not. Thanks Delph

Bring on Titanium Thursday

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wasn't it Delphino that (correctly) revealed something about a new kit once and then suddenly disappeared off the map?

Bildresultat för dolphin man south park

Shouldn't have talked.

Edited by sne