Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You have no idea what's happening behind the scenes, who we're scouting and how good the scouting is. Relax.

This is obviously true. But the lack of signings gives a decent indication in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is obviously true. But the lack of signings gives a decent indication in my opinion. 

We have probably signed more players than any other premiership club to this point.

The only issue is we have so many holes in the squad we are all aware that the 4 we have signed don't scratch the surface for us 

Signing 4 players any other time would be a big deal.(if we had a full squad to start with).

In terms of minutes on the pitch Jack Clarke played less than ten games for Leeds in the league last season, Spurs are buying promise with him, it's questionable if he's even their best youngster, some rate Jamie Shackleton as the better prospect. Phillips is much more important to them, he's their best player, and the one that none of their fans want to sell, and are willing to sacrifice any other player/s in order to keep him. From what I can gather they'll still need to sell if Bielsa wants to strengthen the the team, but of course they'll be doing all they can to avoid having to sell Phillips.

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wednesday's signing fell through at the last minute, as I did say could happen.

We're still interested. It could still happen. Unless it doesn't. Then it won't. But if it does. It will.

I trust that clears things up

#StevoITK

Can confirm. We have the same source.

Not sure how fresh your information is but he confirmed with me 10 minutes that a signing today has moved up to 53% likely.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We have probably signed more players than any other premiership club to this point.

The only issue is we have so many holes in the squad we are all aware that the 4 we have signed don't scratch the surface for us 

Signing 4 players any other time would be a big deal.(if we had a full squad to start with).

Completely agree. But like you hint at we simply don't have a squad, so it's not really comperable

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

like I said no one is really doing much, i'll base it on others strengthening and where I think our team sits in comparison to our rivals and with that in mind we're doing ok

palace selling a big player for them, Newcastle sacking rafa, Norwich taking a gamble with strikers (I know we are too) I see nothing that makes me concerned yet

mings signs for someone else, tuanzebe signs a new contract then maybe that changes but right now we have time

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We've signed 4 players already, when most players are on holiday, and are clearly going to be active here on in. I don't know what you have a decent indication of but consider what the club have done in the last 12 months and ask yourself if you think they know what they're doing.

We could sign 4 or 5 players in a day for all anybody knows. It's not even July yet. Be reasonable. You cant say you're glad we're not signing pkayers for ludicrous fees and then complain we haven't just got them in yet. Makes no sense.

If you were selling one of your better players, wouldn't you play hardball too? There will be a point where Villa will consider now or never on deals and get it done or move on, knowing time is an issue. Selling clubs have a choice to do a deal or watch us move on. We'll get our business done.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Can confirm. We have the same source.

Not sure how fresh your information is but he confirmed with me 10 minutes that a signing today has moved up to 53% likely.

I was told 58%

Things move fast. keep up.

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

1st week in july the contracts officially change, pre season starts, holidays end, summer tournaments end, it will all start to heat up

I would like it to heat up now myself. Otherwise we are likely to struggle to field two 5 a-side teams in the first week of pre-season training. Let's end June with a glut of quality signings!

8 minutes ago, Smartin said:

I just noticed it today.

Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10, maybe the deal that fell through yesterday was Mings, and that's why it changed.....

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10, maybe the deal that fell through yesterday was Mings, and that's why it changed.....

Or maybe he just changed his profile picture to his academy to help promote them, whilst stopping a backlash from Bournemouth fans who are his current club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The Croation press are reporting this apparently. This is interesting in that;

1. Rongier could be coming to us, and

2. It would free up a goalkeeping birth for a new GK, maybe Butland.

Is it Wednesday though?

• Haha 1

It's clear to me that we're taking our time given every single club, at least in England, are taking the p*ss with their valuation of players. Whether that's a product of our promotion or it being the market in general these days is up for debate. The hold-up on Wesley I'd attribute to the work permit application.

I think most of the fees being 'demanded' by Championship clubs are made up/rounded up.

For most that are true, I find it difficult to believe players would stick around at a club that had little or no chance of promotion to the Premiership and had priced them out of a move. Player power/lack of loyalty is still toxic not saying it's necessarily anyone's specific dream to play for Villa (Lolley aside) but players want money above all else, so blocking them will not end well.

The Croatian Press article (from tportal) regarding Kalinic is from 6 days ago, I don't think there's anything fresh here that underagaslitlamp are following up on - but I would like it to be true all the same.