Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Or maybe he just changed his profile picture to his academy to help promote them, whilst stopping a backlash from Bournemouth fans who are his current club.

More likely this!

9 minutes ago, Wes said:

The Croatian Press article (from tportal) regarding Kalinic is from 6 days ago, I don't think there's anything fresh here that underagaslitlamp are following up on - but I would like it to be true all the same.

Isn't Nantes the club we signed Veretout from? I wouldn't be surprised if this one had legs if that's the case. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't Nantes the club we signed Veretout from? I wouldn't be surprised if this one had legs if that's the case. 

And Berson, not that I think that matters in this particular case.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think it affects the credibility a tad, cause very often clubs have connections and scouts well connected to a spesific club. 

I meant the Berson transfer.

Was ages ago.

It's mind boggling how much we might need to end up spending, even being conservative with prices (names could be anyone just there for reference):

Ghazi - 5m, Wesley - 22m, jota - 2m, Mings- 15m, Webster- 15m, hause - 3m, benrahma - 15m, rongier or Phillips- 15m, LB - 10m, butland - 20m.

That basically 120m, and we would still need a backup DM, another player capable of LW or RW, and maybe even another CB...??

The fact that a number of new sites are stating that Smith is targeting six signings ahead of the new season shows how little they really know and how much they phone this crap in.

In reality he's probably looking at twice that number. 

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How did Butland do for Stoke in the championship? I know he was highly thought of at one point when Stoke were in the prem.

He put in a performance against us at Ashton Gate like our goalkeeper did against you in the second half at Villa Park.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

He put in a performance against us at Ashton Gate like our goalkeeper did against you in the second half at Villa Park.

Times are bad for you if you are bragging about how well you keeper played against us , but I guess take every little victory you can when they are so rare 

44 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The Croation press are reporting this apparently. This is interesting in that;

1. Rongier could be coming to us, and

2. It would free up a goalkeeping birth for a new GK, maybe Butland.

This would be good business if Rongier is highly rated

It would value Rongier about 15-17 million. 

Ive never heard of the guy so have no idea what he would be worth.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Times are bad for you if you are bragging about how well you keeper played against us , but I guess take every little victory you can when they are so rare 

A little harsh - pretty sure he was just answering the question from what Bristol City fans have seen!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Know people were discussing this player a few weeks ago: David Turnbull's move to Celtic is off. Early (unconfirmed as far as I can tell) reports appear is he didn't pass their medical check. It was thought he was going to Norwich before Celtic appeared on the scene,

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Know people were discussing this player a few weeks ago: David Turnbull's move to Celtic is off. Early (unconfirmed as far as I can tell) reports appear is he didn't pass their medical check. It was thought he was going to Norwich before Celtic appeared on the scene,

After all that twitter nonsense he fails a medical!! 

10 minutes ago, pete101 said:

It was the same game in which they were "harshly done by" too apparently.

And yet their keeper had a blinder........literally would be been 4 or 5 on any other day..............but, harshly done by allegedly.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It was the same game in which they were "harshly done by" too apparently.

And yet their keeper had a blinder........literally would be been 4 or 5 on any other day..............but, harshly done by allegedly.

From memory, Weimann was given offside when he wasn't (for a disallowed goal) and our penalty was soft.  I can see why they think they'd been harshly done by.

• Thanks 1