Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we're going to spend 20m + on a DM I'd much rather go for Luka Milivojevic from Crystal Palace.

Been playing in premier league for three seasons now and also chips in with penalties and the odd free kick. Only just turned 28.

We signed Jedinak from them when we were in championship and he was still their captain so don't see why it wouldn't be impossible unless he wouldn't want to move.

Been popular in fantasy last couple of seasons for all the penalties he scores which mostly down to Zaha winning I believe. Palace have scored most penalties in PL last 2 seasons. 7 and 10. That's 17 of his 22 goals and he has 3 assists over 2 seasons. So take that away and not that impressive. Also Palace were 16th in the table last season for home form. Don't rate him based on all this and doesn't fit our recruiting profile. 20 million? Jesus no

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I don’t rate DeAndre Yedlin as well as two you mentioned. 

I've suffered enough watching Yedlin underwhelm with the US National Team. I don't need to watch him every Saturday as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

La la la la la

la la la la la

la la la la la la la la la

do do do do do doo dooooo

HIT ME WITH SOME SEMI-BASELESS RUMOUR GODDAMMIT!!!

We’re all out of semi-baseless I’m afraid sir. However our totally baseless range is very popular at this time of year, if you’d care to take a look? We have some Marvellous suggestions in stock, which could really Bale you out, Justin time for preseason. 

• Haha 2

Only because nothing is happening am I going to say that Nacho Monreal's contract with the Goonies expires in 5 days time. He's a left back. Would anyone take a punt for a season or two? He's 33 so wrong age but might do for a first season as a freebie with the offer of a year extension at the end of the season? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Only because nothing is happening am I going to say that Nacho Monreal's contract with the Goonies expires in 5 days time. He's a left back. Would anyone take a punt for a season or two? He's 33 so wrong age but might do for a first season as a freebie with the offer of a year extension at the end of the season? 

Keep saying it but I would go for another ex-Arsenal LB in Kieran Gibbs.  Good defender but gets forward and big upgrade on Taylor.  Bags of PL experience.  I saw a suggestion he could be signed for £3m a while back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

La la la la la

la la la la la

We're in for Bale.  He's being used as a make weight in a Madrid bid for Hogan.

Bale plus £50m I'm seeing a lot on Twitter. 

Better? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Keep saying it but I would go for another ex-Arsenal LB in Kieran Gibbs.  Good defender but gets forward and big upgrade on Taylor.  Bags of PL experience.  I saw a suggestion he could be signed for £3m a while back.

He does seem cheap for what he's shown over the years. 

I'm dreaming that the owners and Smith think that Wesley might need some Brazilian company in the side and go for Wendell of Bayer Leverkusen!

In fact, Leverkusen have some brilliantly named players. Bender, Tah and Weiser in defence (with Mr Wendell) together with Schreck as AM and a Cherrytree (Kirschbaum) between the sticks. Marvellous Nakamba would feel right at home in that team!

Edited by villarocker

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

He does seem cheap for what he's shown over the years. 

I'm dreaming that the owners and Smith think that Wesley might need some Brazilian company in the side and go for Wendell of Bayer Leverkusen!

According to a few Arsena fans he is a very poor defender.

He messed up quite badly in first leg as well. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

La la la la la

la la la la la

Kiernan Tierney’s transfer to Arsenal is going to have a shock twist involved as Aston Villa are thinking of making a sensational last minute swoop for him. John McGinn is ready to run up the motorway to convince his Scottish teammate that Villa are going to be a better prospect than Arsenal.

This rumour will be hitting the Birmingham Mail in 5, 4, 3... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Guy is garbage, main reason we beat Baggies in the 1st leg. Taylor is a much better left back which says it all

• Like 4