Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s not go nuts ! 

Out of interest, if you had a 21 year old English striker who was a great finisher and with Davis's hold-up play, how much would you say he was worth? Genuine question.  £ 70 million would probably be in the ballpark. Unfortunately Davis can't finish for toffee, so it's a pointless discussion. 

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it was 'The Weather in Norwegian with Ann-Marie Foss' what did it..............I don't think it was the weather and I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually in Norwegian.............bonus points for anyone who 

a) remembers it

b) can say which channel it used to be on (without cheating and using google)

Wasn’t that on Live TV?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Purslow announces £29m investment into catering services to make buying a beer within 15mins “possible”. 

Ooooo don’t get me started. Went to my first game in years last season and was I excited for a balti  pie only to purchase the “last one”. 15 minutes later the pie didn’t exist and I got a refund. Need to sort that shit out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosmicVillan said:

Lampard sounding like he's off to Chelsea probably means the end of Tammy ever coming here. 

Never say never, not this window, possibly not the next, but eventually.... perhaps when their embargo is up and he can see clearly that he really does have no first team future with them.  

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Purslow announces £29m investment into catering services to make buying a beer within 15mins “possible”. 

Mings or beer....tough call, man.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Capture.JPG

You do realise that if nothing happens tomorrow now that half of Brum is going to be hunting you down to pelt you with meat pies or some such.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest, if you had a 21 year old English striker who was a great finisher and with Davis's hold-up play, how much would you say he was worth? Genuine question.  £ 70 million would probably be in the ballpark. Unfortunately Davis can't finish for toffee, so it's a pointless discussion. 

I don’t think his hold up play is as good as you’re making out mate. He was able to rough up a few defenders in a good 2 month spell. Apart from that I’ve seen nothing special. 

But yeah if he could finish and managed to bang in more than the 2 goals he has to his name he would probably be valued about 20 million.

I want to start a news blog with nothing but spoilers for all the click bait headlines that come up on the news aggregators so no one ever has need to click on that crap. 

This feels like a birthday you've been looking forward to, but no one remembers, so you don't get any presents, cards, or birthday wishes, you wonder if there's going to be a surprise party later in the day but nothing happens, no one even knows or cares that it's your birthday.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

This feels like a birthday you've been looking forward to, but no one remembers, so you don't get any presents, cards, or birthday wishes, you wonder if there's going to be a surprise party later in the day but nothing happens, no one even knows or cares that it's your birthday.

I just call that ‘my birthday’.

28 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Ooooo don’t get me started. Went to my first game in years last season and was I excited for a balti  pie only to purchase the “last one”. 15 minutes later the pie didn’t exist and I got a refund. Need to sort that shit out. 

It didn't exist 15 minutes later because you ate it, Spoony. You can't have your pie and eat it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Davis is exceptionally good at hold up play though. Which is largely why I think he is such a great talent. Kind of freakish how strong he is. If he could finish he'd be a £ 70 million player. Reminds me a lot of Heskey to be fair. 

I know where you are coming from, but I would think that Keinan would aim to be a step up on Emile. ;)

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Better than John Carew and Christian Benteke?

Yes. As a Norwegian I've probably seen more of JC than most and while he was very strong, his ability to bring the team into play wasn't as good as Davis is. Benteke was pretty much in the same bracket.  

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Better than John Carew and Christian Benteke?

& Alan McInally, Dalian Atkinson, Dion Dublin, Darren Bent...as well as Juan Pablo, Dwight Yorke and Dean Saunders although I accept that they were different types of strikers. 

Edited by John
  • Like 1