Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Like we did with Kodjia?

Or Bobby Reid?

Or Lloyd Kelly?

The highlighted bit is exactly the arrogance and, frankly, out of touch attitude that is the cause of perceived resentment from fans of other clubs.

Sorry about that, was written out of frustration over the inflated prices in football and in the Championship. We sure have drived that inflation on by spunking all parashute money and gambled on going up directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Sorry about that, was written out of frustration over the inflated prices in football and in the Championship. We sure have drived that inflation on by spunking all parashute money and gambled on going up directly.

See my previous post on last page. Why are people getting upset about touted priced by rag papers? Which of these alleged figures been paid by any clubs? Why do a lot of confirmed transfer fees get listed as undisclosed? That said how much did Liverpool pay for Henderson who was from basically a championship level team 6-7 years ago. If the player we sign is worth it long term I couldn't give a shite how much we pay

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

freebies tend to be expensive...as ridiculous as it sounds. their agents tend to demand high wages and ridiculous signing on fees, so the amount it would end up costing us probably wouldn't be worth it

100% true. Look at Sanchez at United. On 500k a week because he was ‘free’ but then upsets the dressing room because ‘how come he’s on twice what I’m on boss’!? ‘Well he was free’? You can understand why it would upset certain players at United. Could do with out that starting here. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

100% true. Look at Sanchez at United. On 500k a week because he was ‘free’ but then upsets the dressing room because ‘how come he’s on twice what I’m on boss’!? ‘Well he was free’? You can understand why it would upset certain players at United. Could do with out that starting here. 

Didn’t he cost about 30 million? 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t he cost about 30 million? 

Yup.

Better example would be Adrian Rabiot when he finally end up finding a club this summer.

Having sacked his mom his new agent will try and make a fortune in signing fee.

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I thought it was a swap deal with Myk...

Mkhat...

*quick google search*

...Mkhitaryan?

Oh yeah, you might be right.

I thought there was money + Mkthnmntyt but I might be wrong there.

Exciting times to be a Villa fan .... We're going to sign a handful of very good players in the next 44 days.

The clubs that these players are currently with know at least two things .... Villa have very rich owners .... Villa have to buy players as we do not have a full squad.

Purslow will be using the fact that we have options for a number of different positions to deflate the extortionate prices we are no doubt being quoted. That may take time.