Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

23 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Like we did with Kodjia?

Or Bobby Reid?

Or Lloyd Kelly?

The highlighted bit is exactly the arrogance and, frankly, out of touch attitude that is the cause of perceived resentment from fans of other clubs.

the simpsons GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

Only because nothing is happening am I going to say that Nacho Monreal's contract with the Goonies expires in 5 days time. He's a left back. Would anyone take a punt for a season or two? He's 33 so wrong age but might do for a first season as a freebie with the offer of a year extension at the end of the season? 

freebies tend to be expensive...as ridiculous as it sounds. their agents tend to demand high wages and ridiculous signing on fees, so the amount it would end up costing us probably wouldn't be worth it

Championship players are expensive nowadays, but we need to also remember that every situation is different. 

Many are using Grealish as a reason for us to have to pay over the odds, but that doesn’t apply to every clubs circumstance.

Firstly, our rumoured asking price wasn’t £35m, it was £30m, wasn’t it?

Secondly, where most Premier Clubs will be able to tempt a Championship player away, the difference is that Grealish is a Villa fan and clearly wanted one last chance to help his boyhood club back to the Prem.

Thirdly, we’d just had a takeover, and aside from the owners being filthy rich (like, filthy rich in football terms, not even filth rich in normal human terms!), they were intent on making a statement for the fans.

All these points can’t be repeated for every club. Sure, Leeds with Phillips hits a few of the criteria, but I don’t think the rest of these clubs can use our overvaluation of Grealish as a decent defence of their own overvaluation.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

What about Jonjo "get him on the plane" Shelvey? Great lad to stand in the middle of the park spraying balls around and look like the ultimate Neo-Nazi.

Absolutely not.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We were heavily linked with Hayden in the summer surprised those links have gone cold as he us actually the kind of player we should.be looking at.

Now with benitez gone we should be making some bids for some of their players 

13 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I agree with this. Hayden has made it clear he wants to leave too so now might be a good time to put a bid in

No thank you on Hayden. Much better options out there to be had.

12 hours ago, useless said:

Newcastle fans don't seem to rate Hayden, he's seen as a player who gives his all, but isn't actually very good. Might have been okay in the championship, but as a Premier league side I think we should be aiming for better.

Absolutely right. Ashley Westwood MKII imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Anyone watched "the next De Ligt" Sepp van den Berg?

17 y.o who plays for PEC Zwolle.

Sampdoria tried to sign him in January and now Ajax, Plop and a bunch of other clubs are looking at him.

Available for £5m or so. Me must start finding a few of these guys and get them before they make their big move.

On 21/06/2019 at 12:04, GarethRDR said:

Josip Drmić on a free please.  Struggled to properly kick-on from his breakthrough Nürnberg season all those years ago but always seems to pop-up with clutch goals off the bench and can play across the entirety of a front 3.  Initial paper talk has him linked to Norwich, I wouldn't have him ahead of the likes of an El Ghazi and he did have some bad injuries a few years ago (that he seems to have finally shaken off) but I do think we could do much, much worse in terms of padding out the squad on the cheap.

Norwich have just signed Josip Drmić on a free.

Pity we didn't try for him. On a free was no brainier

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Norwich have just signed Josip Drmić on a free.

Pity we didn't try for him. On a free was no brainier

I think Jota was our squad filling winger. I imagine whoever else we sign in that position will be very much a starting XI signing and expected to deliver. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I think Jota was our squad filling winger. I imagine whoever else we sign in that position will be very much a starting XI signing and expected to deliver. 

Drmić is a striker. He can play either side on wing and has played that role in past  but is more effective in middle as a centre forward.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickCousens said:

Isn't Drmic more of a central striker?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

£30m is also a made up figure by Alan Nixon.

Thank you. Saved me from posting the same. 90% of posts last few weeks are arguing about BS valuations of rumours invented by BS journos probably being fed by player's agents

• Like 4