Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

This is apparently the dude who is connected to the medical team. Looking at his feed I am inclined to believe he is the same guy, but we shall see. Appreciate it's hardly "ITK" tho. 

Anyone can say we're about to sign someone, we've got half a squad :lol: 

Nah, you’ve been had mate, that’s a famous comedian

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I disagree I think he would be a excellent addition, the right age, premier league experience, seems like the right type of personality that would fit in the squad, he’s also versatile as can play CDM or CB even RB, I’d be very very happy if we could pick him up and even better for a cheap deal with Ashley likely to accept a bid with no manager to fall out over it at the moment.

Arsène Wenger has described Hayden as a player whose key assets are concentration, intelligence and strength. Equally comfortable at centre-back or in central midfield, whilst having also previously featured at right-back and as a playmaker.

Of all the people to give an endorsement for a defensive player 😂

I can't believe the prices being thrown about for players in the Championship, especially the CB:s. If teams are asking for £15-20M for a Championship CB they should be locked up in a room with Purslow and let him give them some home truths. Players like Ben Gibson and Chris Mepham have been described as God's gift to the Championship and gone for decent money, but they haven't directly set the Premier League alight. Before that it was Aden Flint and Marc Roberts. Some teams in the Championship have quite some money now, but around £10M is still a lot of money in the Championship.

I'm sure Adam Webster is a good player, and would be happy for us to sign him. But he is still a Championship CB, 24 years old and has no England U20 or U21 caps. Surly he would jump on the chance to play in the Premier League and for us. Bristol C come on, could probably buy almost the rest of their staring eleven for £10M. They should be happy and down on their knees begging for anything over £5M.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Newcastle fans don't seem to rate Hayden, he's seen as a player who gives his all, but isn't actually very good. Might have been okay in the championship, but as a Premier league side I think we should be aiming for better.

I disagree completely. If he was good enough for a middle table club like Newcastle we shouldn’t be turning our noses up at him. He would ge5 in this team as it stands.

for the right price I think he could be a terrific signing. He is bette than Phillips in my opinion

25 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I can't believe the prices being thrown about for players in the Championship, especially the CB:s. If teams are asking for £15-20M for a Championship CB they should be locked up in a room with Purslow and let him give them some home truths. Players like Ben Gibson and Chris Mepham have been described as God's gift to the Championship and gone for decent money, but they haven't directly set the Premier League alight. Before that it was Aden Flint and Marc Roberts. Some teams in the Championship have quite some money now, but around £10M is still a lot of money in the Championship.

I'm sure Adam Webster is a good player, and would be happy for us to sign him. But he is still a Championship CB, 24 years old and has no England U20 or U21 caps. Surly he would jump on the chance to play in the Premier League and for us. Bristol C come on, could probably buy almost the rest of their staring eleven for £10M. They should be happy and down on their knees begging for anything over £5M.  

Problem is we pretty much started the inflation prices in championship, we spent over 30m on McCormack, Kodjia and Hogan after all.

There are plenty of good international CBs available for miles lower prices. I've said him before but Fabian Schar had a fantastic season for Newcastle. He cost 3m from Deportivo La Coruna who'd just been relegated.

I think we'll get in Mings eventually and also sign a foreign CB, we need some top level experience in that area of the pitch desperately so wouldn't rule want to see all our CB options just being championship players.

• Like 3

Just now, VillaChris said:

Problem is we pretty much started the inflation prices in championship, we spent over 30m on McCormack, Kodjia and Hogan after all.

There are plenty of good international CBs available for miles lower prices. I've said him before but Fabian Schar had a fantastic season for Newcastle. He cost 3m from Deportivo La Coruna who'd just been relegated.

I think we'll get in Mings eventually and also sign a foreign CB, we need some top level experience in that area of the pitch desperately so wouldn't rule want to see all our CB options just being championship players.

Beat me to it by seconds 

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't really get the constant comparing of championship teams asking big money for their players, to us asking big money for Grealish last summer. Grealish is easily one of the best players to ever grace the championship, he's proven over more than one season, a champions league club bid £25m for him, and others were interested, there have been calls for him to play for England, he's unique in that he has a style of play that not many other players can offer. Of course other clubs are within their right to aks for whatever they want for their players, but the difference is Grealish was actually worth the money being talked about for him.

Plus that he was the star player in the England U21 and showed in the FA-cup semi final against Liverpool that he has potential to be top Premier League class. He is also an attacking player, which often goes for more money than CB:s.