Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

9 hours ago, rbcuk said:

These last few weeks have been very hard psychologically, a lot of doubts, a lot of disappointments… Apparently that's the job!!! Today I blame the blow but tomorrow I will be stronger. I will come back very soon and stronger 🦾 . Keep smile 🙌🏽

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Asking stupid money for a player not in demand, then dropping the fee late in the window when French clubs have done their business and a league not awash with cash.

Not of the standard for Villa, but a good guy by all accounts and a good professional. Treated like an absolute Representative for Wellingborough. No wonder the dressing room is toxic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

We have done this guy dirty imo.

I don't think we have done him dirty so to speak but he has been treated unfairly, he was a cheap buy when we thought we were having another season in the Championship, he really was poor in the PL and just not up to the standard we needed. The whole situation could have been handled differently and that is a mark against the club.

My missus says he fkin gorgoeus though so maybe a career in modelling?!!

23 hours ago, thabucks said:

If he is so good why hasn’t there been much reported interest ? Genuine question as it’s somewhat baffling as with Sanson…  

He's played well at the french clubs he's been loaned to last few seasons. Trouble is the clubs we loan him to seemingly have 5p transfer budget.

Let's say last summer we'd loaned him to any of Forest, Bournemouth or Fulham. I'm sure he'd have left us permanently by now so we need to be a bit more strategic in how we loan unwanted players out.

I'm not exactly holding my breath this Turkish club will be putting in 10m bid for Traore end of the season, will probably be similar fee to what Trez went for and possibly AEG aswell.

to be fair, there's 2 sides to every story

1) Fred has been told all along he won't be in the 25 (seems like he's been in france last couple weeks rather than at BMH), but is just tweeting to be a dick

2) This is how villa have told him he's not in the 25

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He did really well as Strasbourg last season, surprised they couldnt cough up the 3 odd million it would have taken to sign him

Even more baffling, that nobody else could, or would.

He's definitely more than good enough for a bottom half top flight team in France, Italy or Germany, would've been cheap and by all accounts eager for a move. Wages might have been a slight issue coming from the premier League, but I doubt they're anything extraordinary...

• Like 1

I don't get the notion that he has been treated disgracefully. We bought him and pay his very significant wages, its a job, not a marriage. Neither current nor previous managers saw him as a first team player, yes that is hard on the lad but that's just the way it worked out. What are we supposed to do? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

He may be average but he's been treated disgracefully.

Really? He’s still getting paid. Two managers have deemed him not good enough and by all accounts has been told this would be happening.

I highly doubt we have blocked moves for him. I always find it difficult to have any sympathy for a millionaire footballer who is being paid regardless.

Â