Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Eh, to terminate the contract Villa would have to pay him everything he would be paid during the contract.   

Unless he’s willing to waive a large chunk of that, then no benefit to us to terminate his contract. 

If he wants to play football, then it’s down to his choice if he would rather have money and sit at home doing nothing, get paid much less and play football elsewhere.

Hes obviously chosen the money.

Not necessarily, often they can come up with a mutual agreement to pay up a portion of it, arsenal did something similar with Bellerin. Often when managers are sacked they negotiate for a lump sum which might be 3 years of a 5 year contract up front, with the option that they can then work again straight away.

So personally i think the decent thing would have been to do that and that way there is no more discord in the squad.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am just lost for words on this player.....I just have no idea, what the clubs plan is for him.

It would not surprise me to see him on the reception desk, when you walk in....has to be deployed somewhere.

A pissed off Freddie at the desk and his answer to everything:

Computer says 'NO' - The Frenchie Mummy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Not necessarily, often they can come up with a mutual agreement to pay up a portion of it, arsenal did something similar with Bellerin. Often when managers are sacked they negotiate for a lump sum which might be 3 years of a 5 year contract up front, with the option that they can then work again straight away.

So personally i think the decent thing would have been to do that and that way there is no more discord in the squad.

We are doing the decent thing by paying him 40k a week. We are not a charity, we are a business and the decisions with players and wages etc should be taken in the best interest of the business and not to 'be nice' to a player. Yes, there are occasions when AVFC should do the 'nice thing' e.g. giving Barrow all of the revenue from our Cup tie, that is good for the business and good for our image. Players are commodities and very highly paid ones. Have you considered Fred doing the decent thing and suggesting to Villa that it isn't working out and it is unfair that we should pay him 40k a week for doing naff all and just ripping up his contract and pursuing a footballing career elsewhere? I am sure he could get a club in France on much lower wages if he was a free agent 

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

We didn't register him because we're trying to force him out. We want him to accept a release from his contract, preferably without having him to pay his entire wages.

Its the most reasonable explanation as to what happened imo. We probably tried to get him a move but it wouldn't happen for him for whatever reason. Now that he won't get a move, we're trying to force him to quit.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This isn't the club I have been so proud of for the past few years.

It's downright disgraceful.

Future players.

Don't come here unless it's to get the bag.

On the flip side, we need players that can play and who are capable of maximum effort more often than not. If two managers have decided against him and the clubs from France who he was on loan to have decided not to take him on it might tell us something…we are only hearing his side of the story. And even that is just little digs here and there.  
If we gave him the opportunity to end his contract early but it mean a drop in his wages to go elsewhere, and he has decided to stay on his current salary and not play, then, that’s his issue. 

Also, being ‘nice’ has always been an issue for us. You don’t win things by being nice. Look how well that approach has treated us all these years. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Did this guy not lose his spot to elmohamady in his one season with us, or am I remebering it wrong? 

Him and Sanson are most likely just simply not good enough, pretty simple stuff

He played 25 games and Elmo 18, seems to be a myth on here he was Elmo backup

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Has to be the most extreme case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. The SG derangement syndrome is turning this guy into a folk hero.

He was probably our 5th best player the season we survived. Always felt we've treated him harshly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

Did this guy not lose his spot to elmohamady in his one season with us, or am I remebering it wrong? 

Him and Sanson are most likely just simply not good enough, pretty simple stuff

Was injured and him replacing elmo at the end was key to us staying up. 

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I am just lost for words on this player.....I just have no idea, what the clubs plan is for him.

It would not surprise me to see him on the reception desk, when you walk in....has to be deployed somewhere.

What has he done wrong to be frozen way out there? I mean, there's being loaned out but, to be banished from first team training and then removed from the website whilst still employed by us just seems way too extreme. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What has he done wrong to be frozen way out there? I mean, there's being loaned out but, to be banished from first team training and then removed from the website whilst still employed by us just seems way too extreme. 

Because he wasn't really that good. We bought him when we were still in the Championship.

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Can't argue with that! I do feel as fans we deserve to know a bit more than what we're fed.

I can't argue with your feelings. I feel that management reporting behind the scenes personnel issues would be distinctly unprofessional and that we don't deserve this. But that's just me.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Because he wasn't really that good. We bought him when we were still in the Championship.

He may not be still doesn't deserve to be frozen out like this it's not like villa is tearing the Premier League apart.

Â