Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

23 hours ago, bobzy said:

I guess you're just proving my point :D 

To be fair mate the whole conversation started on the back of somebody saying his career has been ruined and they feel bad for him. That’s what I responded too in a financial sense as he’s still played at a decent level but got paid more than he normally would.  So his career hasn’t been ruined at all.

Now if the OP was around feeling bad for him in a personal sense, i.e.  having to reroot his family etc then I wouldn’t have even commented.  I agree fans do tend to overlook the non monetary factors for players when it comes to transfers, performance etc. 

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I will miss his throw ins. He is one of the few ones on our team who takes throw ins with no fuss or bafflement. 

Remember when we went through a period of about 7 or 8 years where a throw in for us meant automatically losing possession. Wild times.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, skarroki said:

guessing he is 2nd choice now that KKH has left? 

Watch him move to France in the last week of the window now and Cash gets injured in the WC.

Get the feeling Young is now second choice given he keeps appearing on the bench. Think he'll start there at Palace if Cash hasn't recovered from his knock.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Get the feeling Young is now second choice given he keeps appearing on the bench. Think he'll start there at Palace if Cash hasn't recovered from his knock.

Zaha will have a field day down the left if young has to play, Guilbert is easily decent enough to deputise for cash

• Like 1

On 18/08/2022 at 12:53, Zatman said:

McGinn is probably ahead of him as well 😛

That is where he spends a large portion of the game covering for high full back. 

Guilbert is easily good enough to be back up to Cash.

I loved Young back in the day, but I shudder now when I see him coming on. He is in fabulous shape for his age, but is clearly no longer good enough to be back up in any position.

Just more favouritism from Gerrard, in my opinion.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Only Carlos and Hause where in the injury report thing the Villa social media put out,  I've seen nothing to suggest Cash would not be starting as usual, in fact the posted training pics of him.

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Only Carlos and Hause where in the injury report thing the Villa social media put out,  I've seen nothing to suggest Cash would not be starting as usual, in fact the posted training pics of him.

Yes I was just worried the knock that forced him off last week might keep him out of this game but seems he's fine to start.

Â