Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Looks like he might lose his place tonight for England, and after reading the usual bile on Twitter about him I just thought I would post that no matter what happens for the rest of the Euro's Tyrone has, in my opinion, been a rock at the back for England and doesn't look out of place at this level.  Happy he is a Villa player and hope that he takes confidence from his performances this summer into next season, which lets be honest is the important thing here.

Yep now we're safe regardless of result he'll no doubt use tonight to get Maguire some match time. I can understand that totally but if its with a view to dropping Tyrone for the next round then that is a kick in the balls and not acceptable in my eyes. I'll reserve judgement for the time being as we all know Southgate goes on form not favourites hahaha

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Safegate would be better off dropping Stones for McGuire than Mings.if McGuire picks up a knock he’s then got to turn to a deflated Mings who can be a bit mentally frail by his own admission 

He could however drop Stones and say , we are already through I want to rest you for the quarter finals  and then he gets to ease Mcguire in with no real damage to moral ….if  McGuire turns out to be awesome tonight then he’s on a winner , if McGuire turns out to not be fit then he can restore Stones and Mings with no harm done.

if he drops Mings , who has been arguably our best defender he’s saying to the squad form is irrelevant , I have my favourites … we could possibly also see him do the same with Henderson 

This! 

Drop mings and what does that say about him and do to him? Stones then gets injured or sent off and Mings has to come back in 

Drop stones for maguire, they don't need to work on their partnership or get to know each other they've played before 

Everything about dropping mings says doesn't matter how well you've played I'm still going to drop you for my favourite

What does that say to grealish, sancho, Bellingham who could all come in tonight? Sancho sat thinking I'm gonna get a goal and assist tonight and start in the next round...or does he sit and think I'm not playing next week regardless of what I do here? Which to be fair is the reality because those 3 won't be

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This! 

Drop mings and what does that say about him and do to him? Stones then gets injured or sent off and Mings has to come back in 

Drop stones for maguire, they don't need to work on their partnership or get to know each other they've played before 

Everything about dropping mings says doesn't matter how well you've played I'm still going to drop you for my favourite

What does that say to grealish, sancho, Bellingham who could all come in tonight? Sancho sat thinking I'm gonna get a goal and assist tonight and start in the next round...or does he sit and think I'm not playing next week regardless of what I do here? Which to be fair is the reality because those 3 won't be

I think it could be a back 3 to accommodate Maguire. Rumblings that he may reintroduce Henderson too. 

i dont have an issue with this as much as I do with Grealish not getting a chance. MaGuire was always first choice going itno the tournament and it doesnt matter how well Mings has done against Croatia or Scotland, nothing willchange that.

If he doesn't start, that's the morale of all of those not in Southgate's inner circle absolutely shot. Ty has done nothing at all wrong: in fact, his presence (steaming at Mount vs Scotland, for example) has served to better organise how the team defend from the front. 

Of course, taking Ty out, Southgate will tinker with the shape and remove one of the DCMs (probably Philips because he's clearly in love with Rice). This will give us more attacking intent and we'll win. McGuire's return will be heralded as the key to victory, when, in reality, the shape change could've been accommodated with Ty (rightly) in the XI. 

The fear that a player might have a gaffe in them is no reason to take them out the team when they've been pretty flawless for both the games so far. 

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

12 starts for England, 11 clean sheets.

Dropped.

**** off Southgate.

its mind boggling.....those stats say it all.

Edited by TRO

Maguire did nothing wrong on the football pitch to lose his place, he was just injured. Makes sense to play him tonight. 

Mings is a great CB but we all know every 6 or 7 games he has a clanger. Maguire is a better option when both are fully fit.

It's totally different to Grealish situation where he's one of Englands best attacking players and is overlooked for a player in Sterling Man City are using as a makeweight for Kane

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

i dont have an issue with this as much as I do with Grealish not getting a chance. MaGuire was always first choice going itno the tournament and it doesnt matter how well Mings has done against Croatia or Scotland, nothing willchange that.

Yeah..

.. but it'll still be hilarious if Maguire drops a bollock

• Like 2

Best case scenario for myself as a non-Englishman tonight is England dropping a couple of clangers at the back and getting beaten in some karmic justice for Mings, but with Jack bossing it otherwise and picking up some goal involvements.

4-2 would do me.

Â