Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Maguire did nothing wrong on the football pitch to lose his place, he was just injured. Makes sense to play him tonight. 

Mings is a great CB but we all know every 6 or 7 games he has a clanger. Maguire is a better option when both are fully fit.

It's totally different to Grealish situation where he's one of Englands best attacking players and is overlooked for a player in Sterling Man City are using as a makeweight for Kane

Wasn't the last time he played for England when he got sent off against Denmark? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 clean sheets in a row in a major tournament and dropped, I wonder when England last did that. Playing next to a guy out of position and an accident waiting to happen and Pickford in nets. 

Top man management Gareth

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Maguire did nothing wrong on the football pitch to lose his place, he was just injured. Makes sense to play him tonight. 

Mings is a great CB but we all know every 6 or 7 games he has a clanger. Maguire is a better option when both are fully fit.

It's totally different to Grealish situation where he's one of Englands best attacking players and is overlooked for a player in Sterling Man City are using as a makeweight for Kane

Is he even fully fit?

And if we’re going by “every 6 or 7 he drops a clanger” then he still has 4-5 games before his next one so even more reason to keep him in. 

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 clean sheets in a row in a major tournament and dropped, I wonder when England last did that. Playing next to a guy out of position and an accident waiting to happen and Pickford in nets. 

Top man management Gareth

This. Ty is a professional and I'm sure he saw it coming. Nevertheless, he'll have lost some respect for Southgate

• Like 1

To be honest I think there is some logic behind it. We don’t have to worry about the result of this match too much so it makes sense to get some match fitness into Maguire in case we needed to suddenly rely on him next game (Mings or Stones injury/suspension).

If tonight was a knock out game, I don’t think he’d be starting Maguire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This. Ty is a professional and I'm sure he saw it coming. Nevertheless, he'll have lost some respect for Southgate

So you’re down to zero or a negative now?

Â