Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I love Tyrone and just want to say to all those saying he could not make that pass to Kane.  Well that is because Slabhead is right footed of course he couldn't!  But watch how hard it is for the right footed player to play the ball down then line like Tyrone was doing.  All I saw was Maguire cutting back onto his right foot when that ball was on to Shaw and others on the left.

15 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I love Tyrone and just want to say to all those saying he could not make that pass to Kane.  Well that is because Slabhead is right footed of course he couldn't!  But watch how hard it is for the right footed player to play the ball down then line like Tyrone was doing.  All I saw was Maguire cutting back onto his right foot when that ball was on to Shaw and others on the left.

Off topic and this is about 99% of players not just Mings or Maguire but I’ll never understand how when a player’s only job is playing football they don’t spend the time working nonstop to be two-footed from the moment they sign with a club as a teenager. It can be learned!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Off topic and this is about 99% of players not just Mings or Maguire but I’ll never understand how when a player’s only job is playing football they don’t spend the time working nonstop to be two-footed from the moment they sign with a club as a teenager. It can be learned!

I guess there are limits to how good you can train something to be.

Edited by Thug

Have I missed the man City bid? Or as per the rumours sterling and silva being sold to raise the cash for the bid? Or the bid being accepted? 

We're our own worst enemies... Villa fans have sold him before man City have even pressed a button on the fax machine

We are defeatist as a fan base 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have I missed the man City bid? Or as per the rumours sterling and silva being sold to raise the cash for the bid? Or the bid being accepted? 

We're our own worst enemies... Villa fans have sold him before man City have even pressed a button on the fax machine

Mings to citeh?

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

My opinion is I think it can only be learned in very formative years. For example if you take a right handed 13 year old and say "ok write a sentence with your left hand". How long do you think it takes for them to write a sentence with their left hand to the same standard and in the same time as it takes with their right hand?

There's that and the multitude of other skills that they need to master, along with understanding tactical play, fitness work, strength work and maybe although I know this sounds ridiculous - let them have a bit of downtime and be a kid.

Add to that about a very small proportion of kids that sign to a club in their teens "make it". I don't think it's really that important.

Person in job centre: So you've been let go by X club, have no interest in pursuing a career in professional football. What are your skills and interests?

20 year old kid: Well I can kick the ball with both feet.

Person in job centre: Ok...., lets put down.... capable of adapting to various challenges. What else?

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worng thread? Or are City just buying our whole squad?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Kids need to be taught at a very young age to use both feet. If they practise using both in later years they can improve but it they will never be two footed.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maguire and Stones are better players than Mings but that doesn’t make Mings a bad player. The two he is competing with play for the top 2 teams in the country last season. It’s massive credit to Mings to make it to 3rd choice defender after only 2 full seasons in the premier league. Congratulations to him.

And yet, a lot of our fans give him a lot of abuse, people forget how inexperienced he is. For me, he is a fantastic defender but people say he has an error in him, name me a defender that doesn’t 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

And yet, a lot of our fans give him a lot of abuse, people forget how inexperienced he is. For me, he is a fantastic defender but people say he has an error in him, name me a defender that doesn’t 

Agree mate, he will be even better next season. He is the bedrock of that defense and a very important member of the Villa A-Team.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maguire and Stones are better players than Mings but that doesn’t make Mings a bad player. The two he is competing with play for the top 2 teams in the country last season. It’s massive credit to Mings to make it to 3rd choice defender after only 2 full seasons in the premier league. Congratulations to him.

Pretty funny that a comment like this was made in the Mings thread considering what he said about Tottenhams training ground. Not a shot at you VLV, just a random musing. 

48 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Pretty funny that a comment like this was made in the Mings thread considering what he said about Tottenhams training ground. Not a shot at you VLV, just a random musing. 

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with what he said tbh. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You in the wrong thread? 

On 26/06/2021 at 16:02, Phil Silvers said:

Agree mate, he will be even better next season. He is the bedrock of that defense and a very important member of the Villa A-Team.

I’ve just seen this post and yet, he still gets abuse from all corners of the ground when he makes a mistake. He isn’t superhuman, he will make mistakes and learn from them

• Like 1

Most of mistakes are avoidable which suggest it’s not a technical problem. He’s a very good defender, mistakes are part of the game. Everyone learns, at the same times all players mistakes including the most experience ones. It’s the lack of ability that can’t be helped.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Most of mistakes are avoidable which suggest it’s not a technical problem. He’s a very good defender, mistakes are part of the game. Everyone learns, at the same times all players mistakes including the most experience ones. It’s the lack of ability that can’t be helped.

Abdul: was the grammatical error in your third sentence avoidable? Or is it a lack of ability that can't be helped? :) 

15 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Abdul: was the grammatical error in your third sentence avoidable? Or is it a lack of ability that can't be helped? :) 

If you mean (the most experienced ones) then it’s a writing mistake and it was avoidable. But generally yes it’s the lack of ability. 

Whether he kicks another ball in this tournament, Tyrone can be very proud of his recent England performances.

I also think we’re quite fortunate to have him at our club, because outside the top six teams, there aren’t many better CB’s in the Premier League.

Â