Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

Totally unjustified - He as been one of England's best players by a mile.  I guess in GS head a 70 mill defender is more important than somebody in form.

Shocking decision.

its nothing to do with 70m, but everything to do with "favourites" i reckon.

Just like Jack, he must be thinking "what's the **** point?"

Ok Southgate doesn't actively have a grudge against him unlike Jack but it's clear that Maguire and Stones are his favoured back-two no matter what.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well….. what’d he say??

More the what he didn’t say. Talking about the Stones/Macguire partnership integral if we’re to get anywhere in this tournament. Ty has been great so far, he may not be everyone’s starter, but the way Neville dismisses him pisses me off.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

More the what he didn’t say. Talking about the Stones/Macguire partnership integral if we’re to get anywhere in this tournament. Ty has been great so far, he may not be everyone’s starter, but the way Neville dismisses him pisses me off.

Agreed. It really is infuriating. It’ll be interesting to hear his opinion if they struggle tonight.

• Like 1

Maguire is a tough watch.

If Mings played like him I wouldn't want him near the Villa team.

Lumbering around firing uncontrollable hospital passes into midfield.

Whole team looks shakier at the back in all situations.

• Like 1

I like Mings, but he does have a rick in him. He has every right to be disappointed with being dropped but he's not as good as either Stones or Maguire. Nice to see him come on all the same and hopefully play his part in a third clean sheet!

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Maguire is a tough watch.

If Mings played like him I wouldn't want him near the Villa team.

Lumbering around firing uncontrollable hospital passes into midfield.

Whole team looks shakier at the back in all situations.

How is it Man U finished second in the table if all their players are so poor? 

Neville has been very dismissive of both Mings and Jack which I actually find quite strange as he's always seemed relatively sympathetic towards Villa. But then you have him arguing against Carragher this season who has been consistently talking up both Villa & Jack. V odd

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

How is it Man U finished second in the table if all their players are so poor? 

Liverpool had their worse season in five years, Arsenal are the worst they've been for 10, Chelsea had Frank Lampard as manager for half the season and Leicester managed to blow up for the second year in a row.

They're in a battle for fourth next season don't worry. At least 15 points off the title.

3 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I like Mings, but he does have a rick in him. He has every right to be disappointed with being dropped but he's not as good as either Stones or Maguire. Nice to see him come on all the same and hopefully play his part in a third clean sheet!

He's a better centre half than Stones. Stones can probably do more kick ups.

Maguire is very similar to Mings I think. He plays for Man Utd though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

its nothing to do with 70m, but everything to do with "favourites" i reckon.

Yeah I'd say it's favouritism as well and other things. Southgate a stuck in his ways for sure in selection or even use of subs. Didn't they say out of all the teams England have used the least subs during the xomp so far, does he not trust his players or something to go do a job??

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Neville has been very dismissive of both Mings and Jack which I actually find quite strange as he's always seemed relatively sympathetic towards Villa. But then you have him arguing against Carragher this season who has been consistently talking up both Villa & Jack. V odd

Didn’t he fail his 15 minutes of management in Spain? Who really gives a feck what he says?

Don't get me wrong, of all the English pundits he is probably one of the ones I have a lot of time for, but that's it isn't it? When the best pundits can't manage for shit, how can you think their opinion matters much?

Â