Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Enda said:

Really like Mings, but I hate when an opposing player is shooting and he stands off (hands behind his back and all) rather than close the man down.

Going by the amount of penalties given for dubious handballs this season, this is actually pretty clever play. John Terry would give away a hell of a ot of penalties these days with his fling the body at the strike technique resulting in a block by the arm (happened fairly often) if he was playing these days. More a reflection on the game and the way it has gone recently but the hands behind the back I find makes sense.

5 hours ago, Enda said:

Really like Mings, but I hate when an opposing player is shooting and he stands off (hands behind his back and all) rather than close the man down.

Like the not jumping at free kicks I think this is a theory that the coaches have decided upon.  I'm pretty sure I've seen Konsa and Engels do it too, I guess standing back should give you a bit more time to judge where the shot is going and in theory give you more time to get in the way.  Whether it actually works or not I'm not sure, I notice the times it doesn't work more than the times it does.  It's one of the things that makes Mings look a bit casual or 'think he's better than he actually is'.

On 24/11/2020 at 10:41, sharkyvilla said:

Like the not jumping at free kicks I think this is a theory that the coaches have decided upon.  I'm pretty sure I've seen Konsa and Engels do it too, I guess standing back should give you a bit more time to judge where the shot is going and in theory give you more time to get in the way.  Whether it actually works or not I'm not sure, I notice the times it doesn't work more than the times it does.  It's one of the things that makes Mings look a bit casual or 'think he's better than he actually is'.

I think it's more he's not a "put your body on the line" kind of defender.  Understandable maybe considering his inury record, but I can think of a few instances where he's tried to get out of the way of a shot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

I think it's more he's not a "put your body on the line" kind of defender.  Understandable maybe considering his inury record, but I can think of a few instances where he's tried to get out of the way of a shot.

Its the impression, i have got too......i think he is more comfortable with the finer arts of the game.....but his play is erratic and suseptible to brain farts.

He has some good games and his presence is notable, but he is not always dominant, which sounds contradictory.....I was crying out for unit of. Centre back and when he first arrived, i was very pleased, but he seems to have lost his edge....whether that incident of him standing on the players face, has affected him, i don't know......however, i do think the centre backs are too exposed at times.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s frustrating to watch. When he makes a tackle or concedes a corners he seems to realise the cameras will be on him so does a smouldering gum chew pose, or a casual badass strut away.

How about organising the defence, telling people to stay sharp, pick up players to mark etc?

I’m almost waiting for him to pull some shades out of his sock.

Honestly, if Terry can't get this out of his game, I think all hope is lost. That ugly bastard has never looked cool in his life and he's won it all. This chump has a season in the PL and thinks his balls are the size of the stadium. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s frustrating to watch. When he makes a tackle or concedes a corners he seems to realise the cameras will be on him so does a smouldering gum chew pose, or a casual badass strut away.

How about organising the defence, telling people to stay sharp, pick up players to mark etc?

I’m almost waiting for him to pull some shades out of his sock.

He does that, constantly. You posted about 10 times today about his appearance on the field. At least be objective with your criticism. Call out his lackadaisical dribbling or his casual drifting back into defense. Hell, get annoyed that deflections off him often seem to head towards the goal instead of away from it. Not this petulant nonsense of "he looks too cool" on the field. 

• Like 1

Â