Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I disagree.

He just thinks he's better than he is.

If he played for somebody else like Newcastle, would you be clammering to buy him, or would you think "by christ, the new Titus Bramble, will give that a swerve I think."  He's living off his reputation from the Championship.

I think the biggest problem in our defence ATM is Ming's. I am slowly starting to dislike him being in the team. Knowing he is a whisker away from a mistake through arrogance or a lack of concentration. He is staring to become a liability imo. I would like to see us cash in on him come next summer after the euros while his stock is high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Whats happened to our defence recently?  At the start of the season we were like a brick wall at the back.  Now we're like a fishing net. 

it seems to be a problem of discipline and concentration, i get why attacking and defending as a team is good, but we don't defend well as a team at the moment and just like last season we allow teams to many shots on target.

54 minutes ago, Risso said:

If he played for somebody else like Newcastle, would you be clammering to buy him, or would you think "by christ, the new Titus Bramble, will give that a swerve I think."  He's living off his reputation from the Championship.

'clammering' 🤣 - did you mean clamouring?

Just like clockwork, a few losses and you come back to whinge. The fact is, our players don't get into the England squad unless they're good and playing well. Mings isn't perfect but he's the best defender we have. 

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it seems to be a problem of discipline and concentration, i get why attacking and defending as a team is good, but we don't defend well as a team at the moment and just like last season we allow teams to many shots on target.

When McGinn is marking the tallest defenders from set pieces every week you are asking for trouble.

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

'clammering' 🤣 - did you mean clamouring?

Just like clockwork, a few losses and you come back to whinge. The fact is, our players don't get into the England squad unless they're good and playing well. Mings isn't perfect but he's the best defender we have. 

Ooh, that sounds suspiciously like "post on poster" to me.  Is that still a rule here?

49 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Whats happened to our defence recently?  At the start of the season we were like a brick wall at the back.  Now we're like a fishing net. 

The same reason we can beat the big boys but get a whipping against the rest.
Complacency.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Do you know how many shits on target we have allowed over the last 5 games that hasn't ended in the back of the net? 3. Like at a certain point all you can really say is better luck next time with it. 

Edited by MotoMkali

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Do you know how many shits on target we have allowed over the last 5 games that hasn't ended in the back of the net? 3. Like at a certain point all you can really say is better luck next time with it. 

Problem is most of them are high, high quality chances.

The chances Brighton had as well were sitters you'd expect a Premier League team to put away.

Arsenal as well had big, big quality chances.

If we limit teams to shots outside the box. Or shots from difficult angles that would be one thing. But we are conceding big, big opportunities.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

The chances Brighton had as well were sitters you'd expect a Premier League team to put away.

Arsenal had one decent chance. Which lacazette skied. In our last 3 defeats we have conceded 7 goals the xG we should have conceded was 2.86. We have just been a victim of world class finishing at points this season. And we have only scored 5 goals when we should have really scored 8 (7.91)

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Arsenal had one decent chance. Which lacazette skied. In our last 3 defeats we have conceded 7 goals the xG we should have conceded was 2.86. We have just been a victim of world class finishing at points this season. And we have only scored 5 goals when we should have really scored 8 (7.91)

Holding had a big one as well. If that is Auba that is a goal.

Willian had some really big ones as well which he blasted over the bar.

20 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In our last 3 defeats we have conceded 7 goals the xG we should have conceded was 2.86. We have just been a victim of world class finishing at points this season. And we have only scored 5 goals when we should have really scored 8 (7.91)

This is sense ^.

Mings has made mistakes, as he did earlier in the season.  Difference at the start was we were putting away all our expected goals, and even some non expected goals. Now,  we're not scoring those, and Mings' mistakes are getting more consistently punished.  Very similar to how our first few games of last season went.

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we limit teams to shots outside the box. Or shots from difficult angles that would be one thing. But we are conceding big, big opportunities.

That Solly March goal was certainly a sitter 😂😂

He is beginning to seriously irritate me......standing around with a Cantona look on his face after we concede.....does he ever head the ball in the box, does he ever attack the ball in the box.

He just lets the ball hit him on the head, he don't attack it with vigour.

He does little pirouette's in our half and invariably gets caught trying to emulate Beckenbaur.......shocking approach to the game lately.

Â