Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I liked how it all visibly hurt him at the end there. Not that I'm reveling in someone else's misfortune but he cares. He really cares.

His head dropped a bit at the end I thought. And when he misplaced that pass out to Taylor I was wondering if people's fears about him giving the ball/goals away was going to rub it in even more.

I thought he was great today. In a complete opposite to Lescott kind of way. He inspires calmness in me just by being there.

I am very biased.

No one has mentioned his assist for Mcginns goal. Looked exactly like the ball he played to Andre Green last year for another Mcginn goal. Love that both our CBs can hit a pass. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well Engels cost what? £9m? Looked far superior out there today.

Bargain Partnership or bargain Back Line? 27mil for mings and Engels when they played so well even if it is only 1 game.

Engels was only 7 million

57 minutes ago, hippo said:

England player ?

I imagine Southgate left the game last night with more to think about than just Grealish.

Mings wouldn't look out of place in the current England side. It's early days though, he now needs to deliver on a consistent basis.

Engels and Mings has the potential to be a cracking centre back pairing though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

No one has mentioned his assist for Mcginns goal. Looked exactly like the ball he played to Andre Green last year for another Mcginn goal. Love that both our CBs can hit a pass. 

was just coming to say this. I remember a similar type assists that Van Dijk had last year and the press were all over it. Superb 

We seem to have an affinity with centre backs of great character. I do believe in years to come we will look back on TM with the same fondness as those before him. In my time supporting Villa that would be in the esteem of Laursen and Mellberg. 

30 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We seem to have an affinity with centre backs of great character. I do believe in years to come we will look back on TM with the same fondness as those before him. In my time supporting Villa that would be in the esteem of Laursen and Mellberg. 

We love a good #40 at Villa. Almost as much Geordies love a good #9 at Newcastle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don't think I'd swap him for anyone in the PL, he is just immense. Made so many crucial blocks, bailed out Engels and others with his speed and last ditch tackles, throwing himself on the ground, won everything in the air, superb assist for the goal, he is just so good.

I came to think of that all our center backs have looked good since the january window and all have had the same thing in common - playing alongside Mings.

9 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

We love a good #40 at Villa. Almost as much Geordies love a good #9 at Newcastle.

😂😂

....and how much Liverpool love to find “ the final piece in the jigsaw”...........the Hammers “prefer to play good football over the result”,  .....Tottenham is all about those “ glory glory” nights......etc etc.....

• Haha 1

Â