Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Was unlucky to not score at least 1 of his two chances today.  Immense at the back.  I've never seen a big man have such a delicate touch on the ball.  Going to be laughing when ManUre try to sign him from us in two years for 95+ Million and we tell them to do one.  

Definitely didn't doubt him but was really intrigued to see how he would deal with good strikers in Werner and Poulson today...

Yeah he come through with flying colours and he's going to step up superbly in the Prem this season. 

I will confess I groaned a little when the news of the £20m+ came out. But his performance today and the Mcguire fee - he's starting to look cheap !

Love the way whoever slots in alongside him - seems to get on his wavelength after about 15 minutes...

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I know it's very early days to say this - but he's starting to remind me of McGrath. 

I've only been so bold as to tag him as the best CB we've had since God so far.

I know where you're coming from.

He’s great and looks so calm all the time. However, look at that amazing  save Heaton made, Tyrone (and Targett) have both been pulled out of shape too easily. Give those chances to premier league strikers and we’ll be punished. That’s something I’m sure he’ll work on with Terry

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You could tell last year that he is going to be fine playing cb in the prem. 

Yep. This Southgateian thinking that you have to see a player against Premier League opposition to know whether they're good enough or not is a bit silly to be honest. We watched him turn international class strikers inside out today just as easily as he did Championship ones. 

I still don't know if he will get away with it against Liverpool or City, but then not many do. I know he will give it a go though. 

• Like 2

On 04/08/2019 at 00:23, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yep. This Southgateian thinking that you have to see a player against Premier League opposition to know whether they're good enough or not is a bit silly to be honest. We watched him turn international class strikers inside out today just as easily as he did Championship ones. 

I still don't know if he will get away with it against Liverpool or City, but then not many do. I know he will give it a go though. 

Not to mention that the Championship is full of international players... I do like Southgate but that ‘policy’ seems very short sighted.

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Has Mings cost us a single goal or even a shot on target via having the ball nicked off him? Because people seem mighty worried about it despite the lack of evidence. 

Not against two-Bob teams, Will be a different kettle of fish against clinical Premiership marksmen 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So it hasn't happened?

Nope.  And I think that this is the way that Dean Smith wants the team to play, so I expect to see it continue.  I also think that Mings has the ability to be successful in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Â