Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Yeah that was my thought.  Average = mid table 

If we finish mid table, I would have thought Mings would be performing well...not average? Not quite that simple.

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Guys we need to stop caring what shit pundits have to say about our players let along post them on here.

Mings was a beast in the Championship and it he can do the same in the top flight he will be a massive player for us. But we all know the jury is out like it is with most of the team.

We don’t need Tony ******** Cascorino to tell us anything.  

A punditry banned list sounds good. Cascarino, Saunders is a good start

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

If we finish mid table, I would have thought Mings would be performing well...not average? Not quite that simple.

It depends what you mean by "well". Being an average Premier League defender is doing well considering the sheer volume of defenders who aren't that. 

Hyperbole and football go together like chicken and rice too. Take Wolves for example, the accepted understanding is that they had a brilliant season. They didn't really, finishing 7th in the Premier League isn't "brilliant", it's good, but brilliant requires a little bit more. It was however brilliant considering where they came from.

Being an average Premier League team full of average Premier League players would mean we are doing well, relative to our previous position.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

A punditry banned list sounds good. Cascarino, Saunders is a good start

£20m is what "average" players go for nowadays, so if he has an "average" season it will be par for the price.

You see what these dinosaur words removed haven't realised is the market has changed.

The type of shithouses who constantly refer to the good old days, call it the "coca cola" cup and think the FA cup is a trophy to give two shits about.

37 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£20m is what "average" players go for nowadays, so if he has an "average" season it will be par for the price.

You see what these dinosaur words removed haven't realised is the market has changed.

The type of shithouses who constantly refer to the good old days, call it the "coca cola" cup and think the FA cup is a trophy to give two shits about.

And think the Champions League was "better" when it only had Champions.

12 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

This video epitomizes a huge part of the logic behind signing mings. He fits in so well in the dressing room and lifts everyone's spirits. The difficult season that we could be rationally expected to have will need his character (without even mentioning his footballing ability). 20m when Maguire is "worth" more than 80m ...bargain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sorry I always call it the League Cup

• Like 1

It's nice to hear that Mings is being worked hard and is finding Wesley a challenge in training. 

Wesley is sounding more like the real deal the more that comes out but training with Mings is excellent for the both of them. Mings can learn what's to come and hopefully be ready for the big chance he's been waiting for.

I'm nervous about it all but at the same time so excited to see what's about to unfold before pur eyes.

On 16/07/2019 at 09:23, LakotaDakota said:

Ignoring any stupid transfer fees i think given a straight choice between Dunk, MaGuire & Mings i think i woud pick Mings

Maguire is way ahead of Mings, not saying Mings can't get there but he still has some work to do.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say this guy is going to end up a Villa legend alongside the likes of Laursen and Mellberg, if not god himself. 

On 25/04/2019 at 23:59, 8pints said:

786svm0h5lt21.png?width=640&height=1280&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=2ebcf66ff018172085596720c4b26d08a577ff05

He's got great hair as well

On 27/05/2019 at 21:44, VILLAMARV said:

And fwiw I agree with Dave.

He is class.

• Like 2

Â