Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

This thread is basically a timeline of when each of us fell in love with him :D

I think I would like live with him, play fifa, eat together, maybe make design choices over interior furnishings, finish his sentences, nibble the opposite end of some spaghetti. But probably anything else would be strange. 

• Like 2

If you check out his insta stories you'll see he can also launch atomic strikes from a distance. 

Can you imagine Villa Park erupting if he did that in a match?

@BOF I'm not picking on you, but I was wondering what your opinion of Mings is now.

As I recall you were one of the more vocal amongst us in wanting Mings out after the face stamping incident. Was wondering if you've softened towards him recently?

(again it's not a loaded question. I'm genuinely curious)

I always thought it was accidental in the game for us.

The Zlatan one I’m less sure of, but again, it’s still not clear cut for me to decide he was guilty. I remember feeling that Zlatan came off as the bigger villain of the piece that day.

I was at that Reading game with a colleague who is a season ticket holder. Unfortunately my only game of the year and not the most exciting ground to visit!

Obviously only Mings could say for sure whether it was accidental or not, but my immediate reaction is that it was based on the fact not a single Reading fan appealed. Now granted, Readinf fans sitting in silence isn't much of a tell, but talking about it after none of them saw any malice in it either.

Then the picture of Oliveira's face made it onto Twitter and a lot more people were calling it a stamp.

I was there too, in the Reading end. Having seen it live and in motion I never even gave it a second thought, the evidence it was deliberate was extremely flimsy. Without getting into his mind, the evidence was essentially nonexistent. I remember reading people say what they would have done, how they would have contorted their body to avoid it if they were a professional footballer and found it a bit cringe to be honest. It had absolutely nothing to do with me liking or disliking him as a footballer, I didn't know him. 

I know it's old ground, but I don't think I posted this on VT at the time. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

On 03/02/2019 at 22:10, BOF said:

**** off back to Bournemouth you scum bag. That's a deliberate stamp and you've done it before. I never want to see you wearing our shirt again. 

On 03/02/2019 at 22:24, Shropshire Lad said:

C990CB1B-E6E7-4EE1-8B85-4E25BC663FE7.gif

Was spurred to read through the first few pages and this proper tickled me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The most must have card in your fifa squad on the wings Mings has his pace and passing has s 99. My son seen it and I said no way your making it up, couldn't believe it and he's around 10k coins on market now for any fifa nuts.

See for yourself:

http://www.futhead.com/19/players/18303/tyrone-mings/

Edited by Dave-R

22 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah I know why you ask.  It was the absolute worst way to introduce yourself to a club and had it continued in that vein it was the last thing we needed while trying to be promoted.  It looked deliberate and people argued the toss based mainly on whether they liked him or not (rather than on whether it was guilty or not).  But the way he has taken to the club, and acquitted himself as much off the pitch as on it, being the leader and an almost quasi-captain, you can't help but love the bloke.  I can scarcely remember a more popular transfer now.  And his 'on the pitch' performances have shown me that he is not 'that kind of player' and that there is a viable argument that it could very well have been accidental now.  So when the evidence changes, I change my mind.   Suffice to say I've completely done a 180 on him and am 100% on the Tyrone Mings train now.

Very much agree. It “looked” deliberate, and he had previous. At the time the weight of balance, I think, supported your view. I don’t think I said so, but I shared it. Since then there’s been a whole lot of evidence of his character and nature that tilts the balance back towards it probably wasn’t deliberate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Was excellent today. Led from the back with Heaton and Engels. I think we have found his initial partner in Engels btw.

He is going to embarrass a few top strikers with his skills on the ball

Â