Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say this guy is going to end up a Villa legend alongside the likes of Laursen and Mellberg, if not god himself. 

100%.

Whenever I watch us play, there are two players who look like they are playing the game on a different level from everyone else. Mings is one of them, and I'd be amazed if he doesn't carry that form into the Premier League next year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Maguire is way ahead of Mings, not saying Mings can't get there but he still has some work to do.

Dunk is also proven in the Premier League, there’s no reason why Mings can’t emulate Dunk or Maguire but he’s not quite on their level just yet, simply due to the fact that Mings has only played a handful of games in the Premier League

My one frustration with Dean in pre-season (and I understand why he's doing it) is the lack of time Mings, Guilbert and Targett have had together with Steer as a unit. I'm not sure who the CB pairing will be but with 4 (5 if we get a new keeper) players who have never played together at the back it would have been good to get more minutes together.

The quality of opposition hasn't been great either, Leipzig is the only real test which will be interesting. I think Mings will perform fine once they've had a chance to build up some chemistry together and have a real challenge

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

My one frustration with Dean in pre-season (and I understand why he's doing it) is the lack of time Mings, Guilbert and Targett have had together with Steer as a unit. I'm not sure who the CB pairing will be but with 4 (5 if we get a new keeper) players who have never played together at the back it would have been good to get more minutes together.

The quality of opposition hasn't been great either, Leipzig is the only real test which will be interesting. I think Mings will perform fine once they've had a chance to build up some chemistry together and have a real challenge

yeah i agree that he hasnt played what would likely be our "back four" more, for me absolutely no reason not to play Targett, Mings, Engels & Guilbert together regularly in pre season, other than to try and pretend to the others in those positions that they might get the slot themselves.......

I really like TM. He comes across as a top bloke, genuine and pretty damn cool on the ball. 

However,  there can be only ONE God and I'm sure Tyrone would agree. 

Paul McGrath. Despite his flaws, his demons and dodgy knees he was simply on a different level. We are lucky to have them both pull on our shirt.

Everyone points the finger at Jack for the amazing run Vila had last season, but a few point a finger to Tyrone. Before he came in Villa's defence was as water tight as a siv. Tyrone came in and bossed it and improved the defence by a mile. He was a clear class above anyone in the Championship. 

More than a just a player, Him as a person changed a lot, his personality made him a squad favourite, as well as a fan favourite. it changed the spirt of the club.

Best yet, he finds time and effort to help people, such as kids with his academy,  giving people job opportunities, and goes out of his way to make people happy.

He's a true gentleman

I hope he has a sensational season and gets an England call up. The whole country needs a Tyrone to be inspired by. 

• Like 2

Â