Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

It might happen, but then who cares? Unless it happens with alarming regularity. Would people rather we went back to hoofing it up to the big man?

Agree. Teams will score goals against us...why is there so much concern that it could be from a mistake whilst passing the ball at the back ? Never understood the excessive noise about this. 

One of the main alternatives to possession from the back is to boot the ball up the pitch, where an ostensibly 50/50 challenge is often won by the defender. So you gift possession away anyway !

• Like 1

You can play the ball out from the back without being as casual as Mings appears. He always looked less comfortable in possession than Tuanzebe last year. I think he rates his ability highly, which should help him if he does have a cockup, carry on playing his game despite setbacks.

I do have reservations about him this season, he'll be doing well if he doesn't lose his place all season long I think. He was a signing we ended up having to make almost and brings lots of positives off the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just look at players like Walker and Stones. People love to laugh their heads off when they give away a goal with a wayward pass, yet their part of a record breaking, multiple title winning team. Because the benefits of what they bring to the team far outweigh the negatives.

lol their english if city didnt play them in the team they would win even more and would win champions league if they signed some young bundesliga quality lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

You can play the ball out from the back without being as casual as Mings appears. He always looked less comfortable in possession than Tuanzebe last year. I think he rates his ability highly, which should help him if he does have a cockup, carry on playing his game despite setbacks.

I do have reservations about him this season, he'll be doing well if he doesn't lose his place all season long I think. He was a signing we ended up having to make almost and brings lots of positives off the pitch.

This is purely a visual thing for sure. According to Whoscored, Mings was dispossessed 0.2 times per game last season, Tuanzebe 0.3. To be honest they're so close and the sample so small that the difference is meaningless.

Tuanzebe is a lot smoother, I think he's a better footballer all round, but there we go. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think the key word here is “ appears”. 

David Gower always “ appeared” to be casual, when, in fact, ( most the time) this was due to his class.

On 19/07/2019 at 23:40, sir_gary_cahill said:

Dunk is also proven in the Premier League, there’s no reason why Mings can’t emulate Dunk or Maguire but he’s not quite on their level just yet, simply due to the fact that Mings has only played a handful of games in the Premier League

I certainly believe that Mings has a very high upside. Playing Premier league footy will definitely improve him.

He was brilliant today. 

He should have stood is ground for the first, but I can see what he was trying to do. Other than that, he was immense in the air and on the deck. One of his best performances for me, despite the result. 

I thought he was excellent today, got in the end of everything in the second half. Ultimately he was overused. A bit of an odd movement for the first goal on the slow motion replay he looked as if he was desperate to not handball it and moved out of the way of the ball and a bit unlucky for the second. 

Edited by PompeyVillan

Â