Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£20m for a "Championship" CB with three years of injury plagued seasons behind him. He isn't worth that as much as I would love to sign him.

Rather spend that on him when we know his level reasonably well than a complete unknown (to me at least) in Webster.

• Like 1

Regarding the fee, I can't think of a centre half of his standard that has gone for less than £20m recently.  We managed to get El Ghazi, Hause and Jota for absolute bargains imo so helps balance it out a bit.  Sometimes you have to pay the top end of the price range to get the person you want.  I'm just **** happy.

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

Very true

to be fair Mings was unknown to all of us when he signed on loan (pretty much), Deano obviously rated him, same really with Webster i dont know much, but if Deano wants to spend 20m on a player of his choice, i would drive him there myself with the wad of cash :)

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Regarding the fee, I can't think of a centre half of his standard that has gone for less than £20m recently.  We managed to get El Ghazi, Hause and Jota for absolute bargains imo so helps balance it out a bit.  Sometimes you have to pay the top end of the price range to get the person you want.  I'm just **** happy.

U.K or signings from abroad? Sheffield United signed Jagielka on a free the other day, old now but been a very good CB for many years now and played for England at a few international tournaments.

Newcastle signed Fabian Schar for 3m last summer. Wolves signed Wily Boly for 10m.

I'm happy with Mings coming back but believe it or not pretty good CBs exist outside of these shores and they won't all cost 20m.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Â