Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What if we got him for 15? 

Just halfway in that case.

• Like 1

8 million and played probably less in 3 years for them than he has for us.

And we are paying a reported 20 million ?

We've been bum raped if it is not 12 to 14 at most with possible 6 more if he plays 100 games.

He was replaced in Jan and thrown out on loan as surplus as always broken.

Love the guy, hes found his true spiritual home but sweet baby jesus that's a stupid amount.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If het gets injured straight away then yes. If not then absolutely no. 

We’ll see.

He had a great 6 months in the second tier but can he cut it in the best league in the world? 

Edited by jim

Just now, jim said:

We’ll see.

He has a great 6 months in the second tier but can he cut it in the best league in the world? 

Do not know. I think he will be effective, but I think he stands to lose the hero status. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

We’ll see.

He had a great 6 months in the second tier but can he cut it in the best league in the world? 

Guess how much it costs to sign proven premier league quality? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Injury prone or just unlucky with injury?

I’d say the latter. 2 serious injuries, but other than that he’s not had niggly little injuries you’d associate with ‘injury prone’ players. 

It’s his time to shine in the Prem with us now. 

The move to cb will help with injuries. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I keep seeing this on twitter. We aren't paying for what he's done for bournemouth, we are paying that amount because he was immense for us, fits the system and is a massive boost for morale. 

Would you rather not have signed him?

I would rather have signed him as already stated 12 to 14 with 6 in add ons.

People say 5 or 6 is nothing ?

Eh ghazi less than 6 million

Hause less than 4 million

Jota less than 3 million

Mings was always ours after the support he got after the head tread episode in his 2nd game for us. He had faith shown to him by the manager and the fans.

3 1/2 rough years, hes matured and a great player for us but the facts are he cost 8 million and didn't play more than a handful of game in those 3 1/2 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

8 million and played probably less in 3 years for them than he has for us.

And we are paying a reported 20 million ?

We've been bum raped if it is not 12 to 14 at most with possible 6 more if he plays 100 games.

He was replaced in Jan and thrown out on loan as surplus as always broken.

Love the guy, hes found his true spiritual home but sweet baby jesus that's a stupid amount.

What's this " we are paying ". Are deductions coming out of your wages at work to cover this. ? I never get fans getting their knickers in a twist over transfer fees. These sums of money in football are other worldly.  The likes of us don't live in this world. He's a great player. Done great for us. Im delighted. Fee ? Don't care.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What's this " we are paying ". Are deductions coming out of your wages at work to cover this. ? I never get fans getting their knickers in a twist over transfer fees. These sums of money in football are other worldly.  The likes of us don't live in this world. He's a great player. Done great for us. Im delighted. Fee ? Don't care.

So you don't align yourself to villa then ? 

Do you say 'we won today'

Or do you say 'aston villa football club won today they are the team I support.' ?

Edited by brummybloke

Personally I believe had Ming's shown a bit more class in the aftermath of the season then Bournemouth may have let him go for 12-14.

As great as it was rocking up at Bournemouth station in full villa kit, I cringed as if the situation was reversed we would have been livid (as Bournemouth fans rightly were) and probably reinforced their desire to play hard ball with the player himself.

Did NSWE create multiple accounts on here or something? 15m/20m/50m/...why would you even care? In the grand scheme of things, we've paid 30m for Mings, El Ghazi, Hause and Jota, so getting hung up on individual fees seems kind of short sighted. Besides, I don't even think 20m is too much for Mings. Aren't too many CBs in the PL that we can get for 20m that are as good as Tyrone.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

So you don't align yourself to villa then ? 

Do you say 'we won today'

Or do you say 'aston villa football club won today they are the team I support.' ?

I support Aston villa. I refer to them as we. Of course I do. When we sign players for 20 million i also say "we " but it isn't my money, nor yours . If i was down a day at work that payroll ballsed up id be more pissed off than that rather than the millions my football club decide to spend on a player. 

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

Happy we signed him but I hope the fee is a lot lower than reported. 

Some here saying that is what you pay for a PL defender, he isn’t one just yet. He did great for us in the championship.

Â