Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Surely we just bid what they paid for him 10 million or whatever and then its upto other clubs to make an increased bid which we can match.  

That is the clause so we need to get the ball rolling and flush out any other bidders.

They reject them unless they are £25m?

I’d love this guy to sign.... but I have kinda accepted the fact he won’t.... and if it does it going to be at the 11th hour. 

He isn’t worth £25m for bournemouth that’s for sure but Bournemouth know he is worth £25m to us. (That’s if the figure is correct which I doubt) so that’s why they would hang on for it..... and to be honest I can’t blame them. This market is ridiculous... 

Right now if the rumours are true....i think I’d take Cahill and put our money to better use else where. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Don’t know anything about him but I hear his mum has got it going on 

It's "Mom" or it doesn't even rhyme.

Loved that video back in the day though

John Percy has said that Mings 'could move on this week'... But the context of his tweet gives of the impression that he's guessing somewhat; I know he's normally reliable

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Alan Nixon?????? I wouldn't believe a word that clickbait ad revenue generating bullshit writing clearing in the woods said if he told me there was flooding outside and I had just watched my garden shed float past 

I really do wish you would speak your mind in this forum😁

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Makes no sense for Bournemouth to want to keep him. They were happy for him to go on loan and happy with this matching clause so clearly didn't see a future with him 

He's pissed off Howe in the past, pissed off fans with staying in his villa kit and seems to be training on his own. He wants to leave, he wants to come here and we want him. 

I'm confident it will happen. Bournemouth clearly want to get the maximum for him and they are entitled to do that. 

The idea we should move on is daft. This guy is a solid cb, has fallen in love with the club and become a cult hero within 6 months. We should wait till deadline day if we have to.

I agree with all that, but if we sign One more Centre half and perhaps Butland.....it changes the landscape.....at Present we are still looking a bit Vulnerable at CB and Goal.......prospective sellers know that, even if we sign Mings we still need anothe CB, we need to pursue that route which will weaken Bournemouth's position, by strengthening ours.

similar to you ,I want Mings above any other signing, but £25 mill is just pure opportunism on their part......We will have long memories after this.

So Bournmouth appear to have made a 12 mill bid for Jack Butland, my thoughts on this is what goes around comes around with the Mings situation and I would totally buy Jacks but just to get at Bournmouth and teach them a lesson here.

They won't part with Mings so let's take a player they are after and one were already linked with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So Bournmouth appear to have made a 12 mill bid for Jack Butland, my thoughts on this is what goes around comes around with the Mings situation and I would totally buy Jacks but just to get at Bournmouth and teach them a lesson here.

They won't part with Mings so let's take a player they are after and one were already linked with.

I am wondering if a part of the reason they are playing hard ball is because they want us to back off of Butland.

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm really hoping we sign someone like Cahill next week. Might worry Bournemouth that we are going to move on as they will be left with a player who doesn't want to play for Bournemouth and isn't wanted by their manager. 

my sentiment too.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Makes no sense for Bournemouth to want to keep him. They were happy for him to go on loan and happy with this matching clause so clearly didn't see a future with him 

He's pissed off Howe in the past, pissed off fans with staying in his villa kit and seems to be training on his own. He wants to leave, he wants to come here and we want him. 

I'm confident it will happen. Bournemouth clearly want to get the maximum for him and they are entitled to do that. 

The idea we should move on is daft. This guy is a solid cb, has fallen in love with the club and become a cult hero within 6 months. We should wait till deadline day if we have to.

I agree we should wait, however because of the things you've said and more, Mings came in and pretty much made that CB his role and he looked dominant for us in many ways, we should move on him regardless.

Clubs from the premier to the ago are making buyers pay for there talent now and if Smith and CO want to get this team underway, unfortunately were going to have to pay the devil's price.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I am wondering if a part of the reason they are playing hard ball is because they want us to back off of Butland.

Who knows, if it's true then it's a nasty way to play and we should just end it all and show them we mean business and by them both regardless, think that would annoy them more.

The problem for me is this.......Centre Backs are crucial to get right, they are not the type of player to skimp on, They are crucial to the whole stability of the team and other teams know that.

I think we have played hit and miss over the past few years with this position and the likes of Laursen and Mellberg were crucial to our stability as was Ugo and Southgate, not to mention God.

Its paramount we get this right, but equally we cannot be held to ransom either.....I think we need to sign at least one i.e Webster or Cahill or the Huddersfield kid next week to lessen our reliance on the Mings deal.

Edited by TRO

I think he is worth 25 million, and potentially more in a year or two. Why Bournemouth have to believe that as well is a kick in the dick.

They should be looking at the practicality of the situation. He's not being used by them, he doesn't want to be there, injury issues, always impressive but not in the top tier yet.

Complete knob-ends for thinking they have the right to charge a rate like he's some prized asset. They won't even give him a game.

And that's fair enough, their prerogative entirely, just sell him to the Villa at a rate that's in the interest of both parties.

Edited by A'Villan

Mings will sign. It will be done at the end of the window. Bournemouth don't want him. They say 25m but we will get him for less than that IMO. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think he is worth 25 million, and potentially more in a year or two. Why Bournemouth have to believe that as well is a kick in the dick.

They should be looking at the practicality of the situation. He's not being used by them, he doesn't want to be there, injury issues, always impressive but not in the top tier yet.

Complete knob-ends for thinking they have the right to charge a rate like he's some prized asset. They won't even give him a game.

And that's fair enough, their prerogative entirely, just sell him to the Villa at a rate that's in the interest of both parties.

Thing is if they're having to pay £18m for shite like Solanke I can see why they are holding out for something in excess of that for Mings, especially as we could be lower-half rivals next season.  Mings probably didn't endear himself to their top brass either.  It'll get done I'm sure but they can frustrate us for a bit longer if they choose.

Â