Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Yep...I can see an England call up in the not to distant future. If that does happen 20,26m will mean we shafted Bournemouth. Happy days as he was always going to be the signing we would most likely have to pay that little extra for. 

It's similar to us signing Bent for 18m and there was add ons to about 24m. Given how rubbish we then were for all his time here I doubt we gave Sunderland much more apart from appearance money when he hit 25, 50 games.

He's coming in for 20m. If he does well and we do well it will go up to 26m so don't see the issue. If he's the new Lescott/Micah Richards then get starting A.F.C Aston Villa as the curse hasn't lifted....

15 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

When Maguire is being touted at nearly 4 times that have we really been shafted?

oh boy......is he ever not worth 90m odd!, jeeeeesus.!

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m absolutely and utterly convinced and have been for about 5 months that Mings will play for England he is perfect for how Southgate wants to play.

i can almost imagine this wont happen though because........."reasons"......."not top 6 club"......blah blah blah.

Will see.

Same with Grealish, i think Mings/Grealish could reasonably play for England, whether they do or not........

Edited by MaVilla

I'd have stamped on a snail to get him in.  And I bloody love snails.  Honestly, I need to move them from paths so they don't get squashed.

If it goes up to £26m, then he'll have likely kept us up and that would be more than worth it.  Cannot wait for the interview/pics if it goes ahead.  

• Haha 2

Makes perfect sense to me. 

We are paying a premium for a player we know, who the fans love, who keeps the feel good factor and has already gelled with the team. We’re also paying a premium for a player who is relatively young and English and is a very good CB, and because our other options are paying a little less for players who we don’t know and may not work as well. I’m glad we’re paying more for a known quantity.

1 minute ago, The Rosk said:

I'd have stamped on a snail to get him in.  And I bloody love snails.  Honestly, I need to move them from paths so they don't get squashed.

If it goes up to £26m, then he'll have likely kept us up and that would be more than worth it.  Cannot wait for the interview/pics if it goes ahead.  

komodo dragon fox GIF

• Like 1

I see some are calling for him to be made captain ... But I don’t agree and it wouldn’t be right to take it away from jack ... He is a leader regardless of having the armband or not. The extra responsibility seems to raise Jack’s game and he is our talisman. Mings performances would not alter In my opinion so I’d leave it as is ... Happy it’s finally done . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I see some are calling for him to be made captain ... But I don’t agree and it wouldn’t be right to take it away from jack ... He is a leader regardless of having the armband or not. The extra responsibility seems to raise Jack’s game and he is our talisman. Mings performances would not alter In my opinion so I’d leave it as is ... Happy it’s finally done . 

as i said in the other thread, would make him vice captain.

He doesnt really need an armband to be a leader, hes a leader on and off the pitch regardless from what i have seen.

im happy to have signed him as much for what he gives us off the pitch, as much as on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I think he will be made vice captain if not now then when Chester is on the way out in some form or other.

• Like 1

Mings will find his level in the prem - we will see him beat a few times against the best teams - but he will be an excellent premier league CB. 

Edited by Jareth

Lol so many pages devoted to “ I think he’ll come/ won’t come/ too expensive/ too cheap”......best to just wait and see, especially as it’s still early July ?...still, each to their own...

Anyway....who cares what he cost ? Anyone here paying ? No.

And as to whether he is “worth” the Fee....it’s not complicated, he’s worth what someone is ready to pay.

Is he “worth it “ overall......honestly, I think the Fee will look a pittance by the end of the Season. A rock, a leader, great feet, good passer, knows the Club, a key link back to the spirit created last season.

We get Mings, Sheffield get Jagielka...........hmmmm....

• Like 1

Â