Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

The good thing with Mings and the fact we might have to wait is that he's already learned a majority of how Smith likes to play. Mings can be brought upto speed pretty quick, so I don't mind so much on our waiting which brings me to the next bit.

Maybe our chiefs at Villa have this list where deals on certain players need to be ironed out quick to learn the ways of the force, these deals have to be sorted out as quickly as they can and some deals can take longer because we know a player like Mings just fits straght in there with little learning to do. Abroad deals I would think would be most priority and for a few reasons like language barriers if there are any, getting the player settled and of course learning those all important tactics.

• Like 2

All it means is we are notified if anyone makes a bid for him and how much that bid is, it's not a great clause I grant you, but it does mean we are in the know if others are interested and play our cards from there.

I don't understand why all of that supposedly means nothing. It's not useless it's just nowhere near as powerful as some other clauses. I would imagine we wanted an option to buy at the end of the loan but either Bournemouth didn't want that or we couldn't agree a sensible fee with them, we probably chucked this in last minute so we'd at least be in the know regarding his transfer situation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Most likely that Bournmouth are waiting till the very last moment all so they can see what offers are on the table, pick the best one and we have the option to counter it.

Makes sense for Bournemouth to wait, it's highly annoying yes but it is what it is and hopefully Mings is our player at the end of the waiting.

They still run the risk we could shop elsewhere, so its a risky strategy.....(but are we patiently waiting in the rain for the bitch on heat to come out?.)metaphorically speaking......They could decide to keep him, then we have wasted much negotiating time.

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

All it means is we are notified if anyone makes a bid for him and how much that bid is, it's not a great clause I grant you, but it does mean we are in the know if others are interested and play our cards from there.

I don't understand why all of that supposedly means nothing. It's not useless it's just nowhere near as powerful as some other clauses. I would imagine we wanted an option to buy at the end of the loan but either Bournemouth didn't want that or we couldn't agree a sensible fee with them, we probably chucked this in last minute so we'd at least be in the know regarding his transfer situation.

And you don’t think his agent would keep us (and any other club that may remotely be interested in signing him) in the loop even without this clause?

’holy shit, Tyrone, we forgot to tell villa you were gonna sign this contract, luckily there was that clause.. right?’

its literally a nothing clause.

edit:

i think the bit in bold is bang on the money.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

And you don’t think his agent would keep us (and any other club that may remotely be interested in signing him) in the loop even without this clause?

’holy shit, Tyrone, we forgot to tell villa you were gonna sign this contract, luckily there was that clause.. right?’

its literally a nothing clause.

edit:

i think the bit in bold is bang on the money.

Oh I'm sure agents tell us a lot of things, I wouldn't believe most of it though, the key is the information comes direct from Bournemouth so it's reliable, like I said not the most useful clause but gives us a minor advantage when/if the bidding starts.

This deal is taking it’s time as it should for a player of his quality, I thought he was outstanding during his loan spell for us particularly in the Birmingham City victory, I thought he was immense. Mings seemed to settle in well and adapt to his new club, we gave him a platform to show how good he is, hopefully he can repay our faith and sign permanently 

I guess in January nobody was expecting him to be that good so it's easy to say in hindsight we should have got a proper release clause added into the deal.  I'm sure we will come to a compromise soonish, but it may take Mings to force their hands with a transfer request.

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

It really is the most stupid **** clause I can imagine*. It means, literally, nothing.

It's crap I agree, but it doesn't mean nothing.

It was a backup plan to make sure we couldn't be avoided if they wanted to sell him this summer, but not to a newly promoted rival, which we've just become.

Say he had an average time and Fulham were trying to buy him for £10m. They'd rather he went to Fulham than us because they wouldn't be strengthening a rival by selling him to us. But if they accepted £10m from Fulham, they couldn't turn us down, or could just keep a player they didn't want.

Even now, if Leicester or someone bid £18m for him and had it accepted, we don't have to worry about negotiation, just boff in there with the same bid.

We need to get cracking and get this bloke in before USA. We've hardly got an XI right now!

• Like 2

Bournemouth have no real reason to sell. Reputation has enhanced, could probably loan him out again and get a decent fee at the end of it. I’d like us to move on soon enough if I’m being honest. Whatever the reason for the delay we have preseason now and really could do with a squad being in place as most of the players have never played together. This is more important than Mings. Great attitude and he was a good signing but we need to move on if Bournemouth aren’t budging. It’s in their interest to leave it as late as possible, certainly not ours. 

17 hours ago, TRO said:

They still run the risk we could shop elsewhere, so its a risky strategy.....(but are we patiently waiting in the rain for the bitch on heat to come out?.)metaphorically speaking......They could decide to keep him, then we have wasted much negotiating time.

Reports now saying man city are looking for a CB and they can't go shopping in other country's and need English talent, they arnt looking at Mings but there other CB aoparantly who is rated 90 mill by bournmouth, wtf 90 mill for ake is it, crazy..

Edited by Dave-R

18 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The fact it was done on the last day of the window, probably adds to the fact it was the best we could do as far as agreements we’re concerned. 

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Reports now saying man city are looking for a CB and they can't go shopping in other country's and need English talent, they arnt looking at Mings but there other CB aoparantly who is rated 90 mill by bournmouth, wtf 90 mill for ake is it, crazy..

On Bournemouth forum when we signed Mings on loan they were saying good for him to get games as Ake would most likely be going end of season to a big club. This isn't new news

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

On Bournemouth forum when we signed Mings on loan they were saying good for him to get games as Ake would most likely be going end of season to a big club. This isn't new news

There seems to be a worry that if Ake goes, Bournemouth won’t sell Mings. Whilst that’s a possibility, it doesn’t alter the fact that they were happy to sell him and with loads of money coming in if they sell Ake, they’d have plenty of money to replace both him and Mings. It’s not like Mings was playing for them anyway. 

19 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

There seems to be a worry that if Ake goes, Bournemouth won’t sell Mings. Whilst that’s a possibility, it doesn’t alter the fact that they were happy to sell him and with loads of money coming in if they sell Ake, they’d have plenty of money to replace both him and Mings. It’s not like Mings was playing for them anyway. 

Whole things a bit of a ball ake.

• Haha 1

Makes no sense for Bournemouth to want to keep him. They were happy for him to go on loan and happy with this matching clause so clearly didn't see a future with him 

He's pissed off Howe in the past, pissed off fans with staying in his villa kit and seems to be training on his own. He wants to leave, he wants to come here and we want him. 

I'm confident it will happen. Bournemouth clearly want to get the maximum for him and they are entitled to do that. 

The idea we should move on is daft. This guy is a solid cb, has fallen in love with the club and become a cult hero within 6 months. We should wait till deadline day if we have to.

• Like 4

Â