Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What if we bought two more CBs? 😀

Let's assume that Bournemouth know what they're doing and want to sell for the highest price .... If we go out and buy Webster and Philips alarm bells will start ringing at Deans Court.

Bielsa saw Philips as a potential CB and spent a fair bit of time coaching and playing Philips as a CB in training matches. He's actually described as a CB and DM.

If Bournemouth do want to sell Mings, that would put Villa in the driving seat.  

I think Bournemouth are ballsing this up from their end, they might want to look big but they are in a poor negotiation position. Nobody else seems interested in Mings and they have about 6 centre backs as it is. For them I cant see his valuation increasing if another season of him not playing

We have given a place for one of their players to prosper and he has done so.

They seem to have little interest in him until we got some form from him....They negotiated a "matched deal" condition for a reason....they need to sort this out.

Business is business of course, but this appears to be obstinance now......I hope we never loan another player off this club.

Its clear he wants to continue his progress with us and they should do the honourable thing and do a deal with us.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have given a place for one of their players to prosper and he has done so.

They seem to have little interest in him until we got some form from him....They negotiated a "matched deal" condition for a reason....they need to sort this out.

Business is business of course, but this appears to be obstinance now......I hope we never loan another player off this club.

Its clear he wants to continue his progress with us and they should do the honourable thing and do a deal with us.

You have no idea whatsoever what's going on, surely. 

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

You have no idea whatsoever what's going on, surely. 

No Idea whatsoever, is right.

can you enlighten me?

Edited by TRO

Most likely that Bournmouth are waiting till the very last moment all so they can see what offers are on the table, pick the best one and we have the option to counter it.

Makes sense for Bournemouth to wait, it's highly annoying yes but it is what it is and hopefully Mings is our player at the end of the waiting.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Most likely that Bournmouth are waiting till the very last moment all so they can see what offers are on the table, pick the best one and we have the option to counter it.

Makes sense for Bournemouth to wait, it's highly annoying yes but it is what it is and hopefully Mings is our player at the end of the waiting.

I think this is the most likely scenario. Why rush something if you don't need to. If Bournemouth are aware of other interested parties they will sit until someone either drives the price up so we also increase our bid. Especially if they think they can squeeze the situation a little more. It could also backfire if nobody else comes in to drive up the price with them holding onto a player that is expecting to go. I think it's a no brainer that he wants to come here and I would also think that unless it was a top 5 - 6 club he wont want to go anywhere else. We just need to sit tight. It's the one signing I think that has to happen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I would imagine that is exactly it. A very good theory. If another club makes a 20m off we have to .arch it.

Stupid clause that was inserted.  Why they never put a first option is beyond me.

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would imagine that is exactly it. A very good theory. If another club makes a 20m off we have to .arch it.

Stupid clause that was inserted.  Why they never put a first option is beyond me.

Probably because Bournemouth wouldn't agree to a set fee.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Probably because Bournemouth wouldn't agree to a set fee.

Which is annoying now because if we'd offered to stick £15-18m in it, they'd have accepted I reckon. We were probably playing around with £8-12m, which was sensible.

Good lesson going forward for those clauses, not too damaging going a feather higher than appears fair. If you're in the situation they play a blinder, they'll likely have already exceeded the amount you stuck in. No obligation to buy if they don't perform.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We don’t have to match anything.

Doesn’t matter what any other club offers unless Mings is willing to go there.

bournemouth ‘we got an offer of £80m from Birmingham City, you have to match it.’

Villa: ‘**** off.  Sell him to them.’

Bournemouth: ‘but he doesn’t want to go to that shithole.’

Villa: ‘Yh well, here’s £15m’

Forget this matching clause bull crap.

it means nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thug said:

We don’t have to match anything.

Doesn’t matter what any other club offers unless Mings is willing to go there.

bournemouth ‘we got an offer of £80m from Birmingham City, you have to match it.’

Villa: ‘**** off.  Sell him to them.’

Bournemouth: ‘but he doesn’t want to go to that shithole.’

Villa: ‘Yh well, here’s £15m’

Forget this matching clause bull crap.

it means nothing.

It really is the most stupid **** clause I can imagine*. It means, literally, nothing.

*I'm sure this could be seen as a "hold my beer moment " for our incestuous neighbours in Small Heath. 

• Haha 1

Â