Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

People are getting this money thing all mixed up. Some are saying Mings is relatively unproven in the PL and has had injury issues, therefore we should only be paying £15m or whatever. The truth is if he was a proven PL CB and didn’t have past injury worries we would be getting quoted £40m upwards. Is Harry Maguire at £80/90m that much better than Tyrone Mings?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

People are getting this money thing all mixed up. Some are saying Mings is relatively unproven in the PL and has had injury issues, therefore we should only be paying £15m or whatever. The truth is if he was a proven PL CB and didn’t have past injury worries we would be getting quoted £40m upwards. Is Harry Maguire at £80/90m that much better than Tyrone Mings?

England's run at the world cup coupled with his goal against Sweden absolutely inflated his price. Mings is quality. Great signing.

• Like 1

Posted this in the transfer thread earlier ... We have no spent £63million on 6 players or £10.5million on average per player... Just think of it that way and we’ve done bloody good business ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

Just now, thabucks said:

Posted this in the transfer thread earlier ... We have no spent £63million on 6 players or £10.5million on average per player... Just think of it that way and we’ve done bloody good business ! 

And that's exactly how u gotta think about it. Some are bargains some will cost a little more..  main thing is bodies are coming through the door

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fowlersrs said:

And that's exactly how u gotta think about it. Some are bargains some will cost a little more..  main thing is bodies are coming through the door

Elegantly put my friend. Have a like. 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I support Aston villa. I refer to them as we. Of course I do. When we sign players for 20 million i also say "we " but it isn't my money, nor yours . If i was down a day at work that payroll ballsed up id be more pissed off than that rather than the millions my football club decide to spend on a player. 

🤔 so when you say "we" it's ok but if I say it, I'm suggesting that I'm directly paying out of my own pocket ? 

Bizarre thinking going on right there.

I'm pretty sure FFP is still an issue for premier league teams ? So over paying 25% for players will be an issue for Aston Villa football club.

Same arguments happened on relegation and spent 50 or 60 million, then all of a sudden it's an issue after people wanted us to just chuck money at every target.

We need 6 or 7 more players for the 1st team squad at least, not sure aston villa football  club ( didn't want to suggest I owned the club be saying 'we' ) can afford to over pay 25% on another 6 or 7 players without it effecting things.

25 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Personally I believe had Ming's shown a bit more class in the aftermath of the season then Bournemouth may have let him go for 12-14.

As great as it was rocking up at Bournemouth station in full villa kit, I cringed as if the situation was reversed we would have been livid (as Bournemouth fans rightly were) and probably reinforced their desire to play hard ball with the player himself.

Fans may have been livid with it. I’m sure the board couldn’t care less. What increased the price was they knew how much we wanted him.

The price is almost irrelevant IF they do well. Those that succeed will be a bargain, those that don’t will be expensive. Hopefully the general policy of buying youngish players and bringing them to the Premiership means that those that don’t do so well, will retain most of their value and we don’t take a big hit on them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I would rather have signed him as already stated 12 to 14 with 6 in add ons.

People say 5 or 6 is nothing ?

Eh ghazi less than 6 million

Hause less than 4 million

Jota less than 3 million

Mings was always ours after the support he got after the head tread episode in his 2nd game for us. He had faith shown to him by the manager and the fans.

3 1/2 rough years, hes matured and a great player for us but the facts are he cost 8 million and didn't play more than a handful of game in those 3 1/2 years.

And i'd have rather bought my house for 50 grand less but i wanted it and the owners would only sell for the price they wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d rather £20m on a known entity who slots right into or team than spending £10m on someone who may or may not work.

You have to remember the market we are in. It’s the same market where Man Utd are being asked to splurge £140m on Maguire and Longstaff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

£20m is probably a fair price in the current market. He didn't just have "a good six months" in the Championship, he absolutely dominated most of the games he played and turned our season around. No doubt at all that he has the ability to step up. Only concern is his injury record, but without that he'd already be a first team regular at a Premier League side and worth £30-40m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

£20m is probably a fair price in the current market. He didn't just have "a good six months" in the Championship, he absolutely dominated most of the games he played and turned our season around. No doubt at all that he has the ability to step up. Only concern is his injury record, but without that he'd already be a first team regular at a Premier League side and worth £30-40m.

As one if the commentators said after the Wembley game, Mings was the Van Dijk of the championship, and he was right.

Get in! Great news. He’s gotta be captain for me. 

Plus we can actually field a defence now, which is awesome.

Don’t get the negativity with the fee. Crazy or not, that’s what players cost now. We don’t wanna sell the family jewels, but equally we shouldn’t tight-arse our way straight back into the p**sing championship again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Get in! Great news. He’s gotta be captain for me. 

Not for me.., Jack leads the team out and calls heads/tails...Then Mighty Mings roars orders from the back when the game gets underway

Edited by swollef
spelling

Â