Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Something that I've been thinking about over the last few weeks, and it's probably been mentioned on here a few times...

But.....

Mings at LB and a top-class CB coming in? He's got the pace, he likes to get forward and he's left footed, has played there before and could solve our LB problem...

49 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Something that I've been thinking about over the last few weeks, and it's probably been mentioned on here a few times...

But.....

Mings at LB and a top-class CB coming in? He's got the pace, he likes to get forward and he's left footed, has played there before and could solve our LB problem...

He gave up playing lb because it broke his body. 

I also seriously doubt he's better than Targett.

• Like 1

I think it was a penalty tbh, it's not a slight nudge, he's properly open-palm fully pushing him i nthe face, I'd be furious if it wasn't given at the other end. We deserved a break aftewr that refereeing performance though.

Also thought he was very lucky when he arsed around with it at the back and let them through on goal out of nowhere. He was bloody good apart from those moments though

Hmmm.

Hes been excellent last couple of games but today he got away with a couple of mistakes that could have been punished.

You just know what you’re going to get with Tyrone, some very good performances mixed in with a couple of clangers here and there.

Definitely worth a place in the starting XI though. 

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He should have given away a pen though

No chance, Schmeichel didn't even appeal for a foul from Mings he appealed for the push not realising it was his team mate.

The contact only happened because Evans I think it was pushed him forward into Mings who was using his arm to jump and no more the fact he didn't head the ball is irrelevant.

On Mings more generally I've one of his biggest critics and I said by all my previous criticism but credit where it is due he was very good today.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hmmm.

Hes been excellent last couple of games but today he got away with a couple of mistakes that could have been punished.

You just know what you’re going to get with Tyrone, some very good performances mixed in with a couple of clangers here and there.

Definitely worth a place in the starting XI though. 

First half he messed up a bit when he chested it thinking Emi was right there and Daka hit a poor shot.

Thought he was brilliant last 10 minutes pretty much heading away every set piece and cross.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

First half he messed up a bit when he chested it thinking Emi was right there and Daka hit a poor shot.

Thought he was brilliant last 10 minutes pretty much heading away every set piece and cross.

The game in the later stages was very much his sort of battle, must have been infuriating for Leicester fans watching them hump it into our box and him getting on the end of it every time.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The game in the later stages was very much his sort of battle, must have been infuriating for Leicester fans watching them hump it into our box and him getting on the end of it every time.

Yep Mings is brilliant at head tennis, and it’s the one area where he is a fair bit ahead of Konsa IMO. Just that ability to get his head on the end of stuff, even if he has to put his body in an awkward position.

He did make a couple of mistakes today, and on another day they might have been punished. But he was mostly very good.

Just now, KentVillan said:

Yep Mings is brilliant at head tennis, and it’s the one area where he is a fair bit ahead of Konsa IMO. Just that ability to get his head on the end of stuff, even if he has to put his body in an awkward position.

He did make a couple of mistakes today, and on another day they might have been punished. But he was mostly very good.

He will always make an error or two I think, it is just in his game.

• Like 1

Â