Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

I.like him, thought he did OK today compared to the other 2 .

McGinn bagged to get himself out of jail. Luiz I imagine completed the most passes touched and progressive passes.

Ramsey I don't think he got on the ball didn't make a tackle didn't really do anything.

Show for it and lose it, so be it, be brave. You're a kid I won't fault him for that.

To not do anything though? Not for me. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

People way being too harsh on him. I don't get questioning his desire either.

Why a youngster breaking into the first not show desire  - I really don't think thats the issue. I think hes a sub / fringe player .....at best.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We have a 17 year old upset that he cant get a game in the Premier League? He must have some ego if he feels that 

If he comes in and plays like Ramsey will you be jumping on his back as well. If he plays in the Premier League he will make Douglas Luiz look like Vieira in physique, he is just a kid

What if he doesnt play like ramsey then what?

Its abit silly to even aay that because then you would mever give a chance to any player. If one flops you give another a chance and chuk deserves a opportunity now.

Ramsey has had enough and not taksn them

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

McGinn bagged to get himself out of jail. Luiz I imagine completed the most passes touched and progressive passes.

Ramsey I don't think he got on the ball didn't make a tackle didn't really do anything.

Show for it and lose it, so be it, be brave. You're a kid I won't fault him for that.

To not do anything though? Not for me. 

I saw him make a few challenges and didn't give free kicks away doing it. Considering how raw he is and we are seeing improvements  in every one of them games.

People want to see the kids introduced while some criticise when they don't become world beaters from the off. Even Jack took time to adjust to this level. Our midfield was poor as a whole today, the amount of misplaced passes were to numerous  to count . 

Still, really not good enough to be in our first team and quite frankly, I don't think he'll be ready for a long while, if ever.

I know we shouldn't expect too much from youngsters but I'd expect at least a single trait you could hang onto and be able to say this kid something special to become a good player. I really can't say there's anything to hang onto with Ramsey. I'm not sure what type of midfielder he's supposed to be. And we've seen him play for a bit now too.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Should be seeing something from him by now, I mean I know he is only 19 but there are plenty of 19 somethings where you can see they are going to be a player. Too early I would say for any other teams, but probably not for us.

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We have a talent like chuk rightly getting upset that somone like ramsey who has done nothing continues to be ahead of him

No we don't. We have a seventeen year old with massive potential who is absolutely loving life at the moment and we have a shitty 'journalist' who stirs shit for attention.

• Like 3

Let’s not scapegoat Ramsey. Only his fifth start, the system wasn’t right today. Few come away with much credit from today’s game. 

Some comments are so overblown. Looking forward to the same replies when Carney and Louie have bad games when they step up. 

It’s all a learning curve, and speaks volumes of how well thought of he is to be playing. 

Ramsey has something, there's a player in there, he's pacy and energetic, got a decent touch and can use a ball and run with it - but what he needs to do is put all of that together to find ways to influence the result of games. He's in a very similar position to the one his brother was in for the U23's earlier this season, at that time Delaney challenged him to make his abilities actually mean something in games - Aaron has done that really well at that level, I think Jacob faces the same challenge against the big boys.

It's probably a little unfair on him to be having to start so many games right now, but it's an opportunity for him and he does need to step up and take that opportunity.

• Like 2

He's only ever good when coming off from the bench. Needs a season in the championship, play week in, week out, be one of the best players in the team and learn how to take on the responsibility to carry the team on. That will help his development massively, especially mentally. 

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

He's only ever good when coming off from the bench. Needs a season in the championship, play week in, week out, be one of the best players in the team and learn how to take on the responsibility to carry the team on. That will help his development massively, especially mentally. 

I agree with this. Give him time, but he's not ready to be starting PL games, and I can't imagine sitting on our bench is going to do wonders for his development.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No more starts.

We have a talent like chuk rightly getting upset that somone like ramsey who has done nothing continues to be ahead of him

Apart from football insider made that up... And didn't name Ramsey... And is complete bollocks

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No we don't. We have a seventeen year old with massive potential who is absolutely loving life at the moment and we have a shitty 'journalist' who stirs shit for attention.

I hope so

• Like 1

Hes not ready yet. But could have a big future at the club lets not right him off. He def better then Barkley right now, Least he tracks back. 
A nice loan to the championship next season will do him wonders. Then we can see how good he really is.

28 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

He’s not the future of this club

I remember West Ham fans saying similar when Frank Lampard started his career, they were right he wasnt the future of West Ham

• Haha 1

Â