Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thata how i see it. I dont see what he adds at all.

I can see why chuks allegedly getting fed up. I would have given chuk a go today. I think he would have loved it

And yet Ramsey is clearly ahead of Chukuemeka in development. Ramsey stood out at youth level just as CC has

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

And yet Ramsey is clearly ahead of Chukuemeka in development. Ramsey stood out at youth level just as CC has

Is he? I reckon if Smith shows abit more faith in chukuemeka and starts him i think he will be ahead of ramsey.

Chuk looks special.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd give it a few games before people are moaning about Chukwuemeka. 

This is why I'm glad Smith isn't just throwing them all in. 

Just because Ramsey isnt doing it doesnt mean chuk wont

I think he is a bit of a place-holder, bridging the gap between the first team and the young'uns a year or two behind him, including his brother.  He may get overtaken pretty quickly next season.  I'd still pick him ahead of Barkley for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just because Ramsey isnt doing it doesnt mean chuk wont

Who knows Chukwuemeka could set the world alight ,but Ramsey hasn’t done much wrong he hasn’t shined either but it’s being a promising integration to The first team, Im sure it would take long for people to moan about Chukwuemeka if he was getting mins , madness writing academy players off instantly, always the same moan they’re not getting picked then moan when they are.

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Who knows Chukwuemeka could set the world alight ,but Ramsey hasn’t done much wrong he hasn’t shined either but it’s being a promising integration to The first team, Im sure it would take long for people to moan about Chukwuemeka if he was getting mins , madness writing academy players off instantly, always the same moan they’re not getting picked then moan when they are.

I think chuks gonna be a star. There is something about him

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think chuks gonna be a star. There is something about him

I think there’s something about Ramsey to , I'm just patient and I'm sure we’ll see Chukwemueka at some point to  hope everybody is patient with him to, let’s not forget not that long ago people wanted shot of Grealish the luxury player

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think there’s something about Ramsey to , I'm just patient and I'm sure we’ll see Chukwemueka at some point to  hope everybody is patient with him to, let’s not forget not that long ago people wanted shot of Grealish the luxury player

I think ramsey would benefit from a loan movw to the championship next year tbh

at the moment I am not sure what he brings to the table, he often replaces Luiz or Barkley but not sure he does much better than either, other than a fresh pair of legs who covers a lot of ground with high energy.

I'd agree getting a loan in the Championship makes sense.

Here we go again... 

He's doing OK, not struggling or looking out of place, just not having a huge influence on games as part of a midfield that rarely controls possession or as a unit has any influence on a game, not playing well but also not playing badly 

He'll continue to develop and get better 

Now go in to the Chuk thread or the Barry thread or the academy thread and see how many want various youngsters to get games (myself included) when in reality they will be the same 

He needs time and we need patience 

• Like 1

I didn't realize he's a lil bit dirty and don't mean like a hooker in a red light district. He's got energy and is comfortable with the ball. Put in a couple of strong tackles too and left a bit on their players a couple of times.

Really good 20 mins tonight. Showed for the ball in tight areas and ran with it nicely a couple of times, turned out of trouble smartly. 

Upgrade on Barkley any day of the week and has a place in next seasons squad even with additions for me. 

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Excellent cameo. 

That should be the end of Barkley's villa career.

Wasn’t it? 

The difference between him and Barkley is that Ramsey can carry the ball, at speed, under control. It’s something Luiz and McGinn aren’t great at and why we’re so much better with Grealish on the pitch. Ball carriers are so important. 

He needs more game time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wasn’t it? 

The difference between him and Barkley is that Ramsey can carry the ball, at speed, under control. It’s something Luiz and McGinn aren’t great at and why we’re so much better with Grealish on the pitch. Ball carriers are so important. 

He needs more game time. 

in fairness I think Barkley can do it. Wanting to do it is a different scenario

Â