Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Changed the game.

Physically imposing, high energy and good on the ball.

He has the makings of a very good box to box midfield player.

He should be starting ahead of Sanson.

Yes he is inexperienced but how else is he meant to gain experience at this level?!

• Like 2

I love the 'buzz' he brings. Bit like Mount. Popping the ball around, moving it forward, one-twos, dribble every now and then, mobile. 

I think he'll be a hit.

• Like 1

I loved the fact that in the first 5 minutes after coming on, he had shoved two Fulham players to the floor. 

He then contributed with his stuff on the ball. Well played. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 4

Good sub appearance today, Fulham struggled with the few times we pressed them in the game so he was a big boost coming on. 

Another big show of faith towards him from Smith as well. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I loved the fact that in the first 5 minutes after coming on, he had shoved two Fulham players to the floor. 

He then contributed with his stuff on the ball. We'll played. 

Loved that as well, wasn't dossing about today.

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

It's hard to judge whether he should start, as a sub he's continually good, but gets lost when he starts games other than his debut. Such a talented lad though.

Yeah hard to say from the outside and often the case for a young player I suppose. Given the fact we are just sitting midtable, I think the coaching team can plan his appearances (starts v subs) on what is best for his development. I hope that’s one of the key factors in their thinking for the rest of this season to have him in the best position as a contender to start regularly next season.

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

It's hard to judge whether he should start, as a sub he's continually good, but gets lost when he starts games other than his debut. Such a talented lad though.

I think he will be a star for us but has he started without Jack after that game, I cant remember if he did. I think its a big thing for a young player to play with at least a top quality player. Its not so easy in a not so confident team as we discovered with Clark, Bannan, Baker etc.

He isnt ready for me.  He is young so dont want to crucify him but he was crap. 

What the hell was he doing for the goal? He didnt close dlwn then ducked out the way of the shot? 

Really poor from the lad

Wrong sub and its contributed tk our loss along with bringing in Barkley who was just as shit

• Like 2

young players make mistakes it happens, even Ronaldo etc made mistakes as a youngster. Its why people should really calm themselves about saying we should start Kesler, Barry, Chukwuemeka etc as the same posters will  probably be criticizing them at an early age

• Like 3

He played well, just HAS to close that chance down. It’s easy as a sub sometimes to settle into being as ‘tired’ as the rest of the game, it was too naive. You’re there to up the energy, get into them.

Still like him though.

Was poor for the goal but apart from that he was doing ok. Pressing and getting around the pitch.  He’s deemed the best of the current crop of kids by the coaching staff. If he was playing in u23’s he would be ripping it apart. So why some fans think he is not good enough yet other youngsters should be playing  in the first team I have no idea. 

• Like 2

Â