Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Sarr plays as a DM, if you were going to replace Sanson or McGinn in the team because of injury Ramsey would make more sense because he's more of an attacking box-to-box midfielder like the aforementioned duo. Not sure what to make of Ward-Prowse, he kind of reminds me of a cross between Hourihane and Westwood and I don't mean that as criticism.

With Sarr playing as DM, then Douglas Luiz would then be available to play 8. I think JWP can play either as a 6 or 8.

My main point is that Ramsey would certainly benefit from a loan if we were to complete the signing of 1 or 2 of the midfielders currently linked.

I don't think Sarr would necessarily come in and take Luiz's place as DM, maybe some games they'd play as a double pivot with one of them having more license to get forward or both taking it in turns to do that.

To be honest not really sure what the fascination is with playing Luiz as a No.8, he's played there a few times for Brazil, but has played pretty much all his club football as a DM, based on that I think Ramsey would be ahead of him for one of the No.8 slots in the first team as he was last season.

A loan probably would benefit Ramsey, but I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing if he stayed as I think there's still scope for him to get a decent amount of football, last year for a nineteen year old he did well with the amount of game time he got and next season he will be a year older and more expierenced so might be trusted to play even more

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, lexicon said:

Impressed with him today. Good shift.

Same.  TBH, he's the player I'm most looking forward to see more of this season.  He'll play a much bigger role in the team at the start of the season with Sanson out injured still and Dougie with Brazil at the Olympics.  

• Like 1

He's weird but he's already getting to a stage where he might get leapfrogged by other talented kids. What a position to be in.

I see Jacob having to do it the hard way. A few loans here and there the next 2 years and might be a late bloomer cementing himself here.

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's weird but he's already getting to a stage where he might get leapfrogged by other talented kids. What a position to be in.

I see Jacob having to do it the hard way. A few loans here and there the next 2 years and might be a late bloomer cementing himself here.

one being his brother, maybe a touch of the moores where steffan broke through first but luke was the better player

i hope they both make it, i hope they all make it, can you imagine if in 5 years time we are starting games with a midfield of ramsey x 2 + chuk, would be brilliant 

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

one being his brother, maybe a touch of the moores where steffan broke through first but luke was the better player

i hope they both make it, i hope they all make it, can you imagine if in 5 years time we are starting games with a midfield of ramsey x 2 + chuk, would be brilliant 

Or a team with Ramsay X2 and chuk X2 if the papers are to be believed 

• Like 1

I'm not convinced, his workrate and application can't be spoken of more highly, he gives his all.

But it's a lot of pressing and I've yet to see him influence any game.

https://fbref.com/en/players/1544f145/Jacob-Ramsey

He's receiving loads of passes in forward areas, but not really making many progressive passes himself. His dribbles are good but he's not expected many goals or assists or making many passes, so the dribbles are really going nowhere with end product.

He's pressuring better than literally 99% of all other midfielders, but rarely winning the ball (although putting them under pressure up the pitch is a great attribute). 

I just feel like a Championship loan and understanding how to use his attributes and also impact a game and how best to influence the players around him would be so beneficial to his game or he risks becoming like so many promising youth we've had.

He will always be liked by fans because of his workrate but he's not finding the gaps or making the chances we'd expect of a CAM/10, and he's not doing enough of note in either phase of play to be a worthwhile 8 either. 

Really needs a loan because I felt when Chukweumeka had the more advanced role in the first 20 mins, he looked like more of a threat. When Jacob had it in the second half, we didn't look as frightening

He’s full of energy and keeps things nice and tidy , I think he can be trusted more than the other youngsters simply because he plays a bit safer, but he does really need to work on that end product 

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not convinced, his workrate and application can't be spoken of more highly, he gives his all.

But it's a lot of pressing and I've yet to see him influence any game.

https://fbref.com/en/players/1544f145/Jacob-Ramsey

He's receiving loads of passes in forward areas, but not really making many progressive passes himself. His dribbles are good but he's not expected many goals or assists or making many passes, so the dribbles are really going nowhere with end product.

He's pressuring better than literally 99% of all other midfielders, but rarely winning the ball (although putting them under pressure up the pitch is a great attribute). 

I just feel like a Championship loan and understanding how to use his attributes and also impact a game and how best to influence the players around him would be so beneficial to his game or he risks becoming like so many promising youth we've had.

He will always be liked by fans because of his workrate but he's not finding the gaps or making the chances we'd expect of a CAM/10, and he's not doing enough of note in either phase of play to be a worthwhile 8 either. 

Really needs a loan because I felt when Chukweumeka had the more advanced role in the first 20 mins, he looked like more of a threat. When Jacob had it in the second half, we didn't look as frightening

Agreed on the need for a loan. He needs to establish what sort of player he wants/can be. He is very tidy, but with the formations being played by clubs at the moment, midfielders need to be more than just tidy. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'd fully expect to see this towards the end of the window: if things fall into place (JWP, perhaps), then we'll be in a position to loan Ramsey out. Would be good for him. 

I was staggered to see he featured in 22 games last season. It just showed how thin on the ground we were options wise in midfield/attack.

• Like 1

Just now, turvontour said:

I was staggered to see he featured in 22 games last season. It just showed how thin on the ground we were options wise in midfield/attack.

i think he only started 4-5 times max, so most of that was on the bench

7 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Run out of likes! I had no idea the number of appearances was so high. Sanson's injury might explain some of it, but I think Dean really rates him. 

I don't think he will go out on loan, apart academy players we've only got him, Sanson, McGinn and Nakamaba and Luiz as central midfielders, I don't think signing Ward Prowse would change that either as they're completely different players. Besides he's looked one of our better players in pre-season when he's been on the pitch, can see him being one of our most improved players next season.

Smith clearly rates him, so I can see him staying around. Towards the end of the season, he didn’t seem as “busy” or wanting the ball as when he first came in, but that can happen with first year involvement, especially the way the league was with Covid last season. 
Think he’ll do well this year.

Edited by mikeyp102

Â