Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I am hoping that we buy a strong DCM and an ACM in the summer and that this allows us to get Jacob out on loan to a good Championship team next season so he can get a good run of starts and we can see what level he can get to.  I personally think that this will be much better for his development, although I am sure he has massively benefitted from his game time this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Been waiting for this. He finally has enough minutes played for Fbref to do a scouting report on him.

https://fbref.com/en/players/1544f145/scout/10728/Jacob-Ramsey-Scouting-Report

Edit: It seems like they spot his strengths to mainly be pressuring and dribbling.

He hasn't had a yellow card yet which bodes well for his discipline

None of his passes have resulted in an offside.

And he's good at blocking shots.

His weaknesses are mainly aerial duels, tackling and passing.

He is offside relatively often himself.

His progressive passing stats are particularly low, but this could be a result of specific instruction given to him, at least more than the other stats.

Miscontrols the ball pretty frequently.

And fouls other players quite often. Which if you take into context with the fact that he hasn't gotten a yellow card in spite of it is quite impressive in another way.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Been waiting for this. He finally has enough minutes played for Fbref to do a scouting report on him.

how have i not seen this website before??! some interesting stuff there

his pressing stats are actually really good

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Edit: It seems like they spot his strengths to mainly be pressuring and dribbling.

His progressive passing stats are particularly low, but this could be a result of specific instruction given to him, at least more than the other stats.

And fouls other players quite often. Which if you take into context with the fact that he hasn't gotten a yellow card in spite of it is quite impressive in another way.

This is a strange one.

As I see it, he's pretty solid when controlling the ball, plays forward well and relatively often, and is not good at blocking shots as seen v Liverpool for their last goal and a Man C chance yesterday that he casually dangled at.

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

These two are often a result of adjusting to the pace of the league. I'd be more worried about the passing, but I don't know if I agree. I can't say I've thought his passing has been bad. It's more a case where he has played it pretty safe at times, which is to be expected.

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

These two are often a result of adjusting to the pace of the league. I'd be more worried about the passing, but I don't know if I agree. I can't say I've thought his passing has been bad. It's more a case where he has played it pretty safe at times, which is to be expected.

Tbh, its not as if he's passing is bad per se. Its more so he doesn't complete nor attempt a lot of passes. His passing percentage is decent.

When you look at his touches, its very low too. He doesn't touch the ball a lot.

Looking at it deeper, I think its more so that he's lacked service and chances to be on the ball. Which explains why he's attempted and completed so little of his passes.

Kind of the danger with stats really.

• Like 1

Glad he’s getting minutes , only way for youngsters to improve is through game time,  hopefully people support him instead of moaning every time he’s involved,  were all happy to complain when the academy isn’t being used. 

19 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Came on and showed Luiz and McGinn how it's done, very good cameo. 

He's much better coming off the bench than starting 

He has better close control doesn’t telegraph his passes yes he keeps it simple but he moves it quicker

Came on and just looked levels above our other midfielders. I’d start him the rest of the season, let’s use it to give the likes of him, Davis, Wesley minutes and see how they can contribute next year when the battle starts again. 

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Came on and just looked levels above our other midfielders. I’d start him the rest of the season, let’s use it to give the likes of him, Davis, Wesley minutes and see how they can contribute next year when the battle starts again. 

Agree with this but he always seems to be better when he comes off the bench rather than starting. I would keep giving him minutes off the bench for now.

He did well when he came on. I like the quick feet he has when he picks up possesion. It's not quite on Foden's level but always suggests a young player has something about him and is confident picking up the ball in tight spots and won't lose it.

He'll start next week I'm sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Agree with this but he always seems to be better when he comes off the bench rather than starting. I would keep giving him minutes off the bench for now.

That’s fair, and I do trust whatever they think is best in terms of developing him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm just not sure what his strengths are. 

He doesn't look technically good. 

He doesn't look physically imposing, even though he's had moments. 

I'm really not sure about him.

Thata how i see it. I dont see what he adds at all.

I can see why chuks allegedly getting fed up. I would have given chuk a go today. I think he would have loved it

Â