Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Needs to start more games at a championship level.  Not up to PL standard at present imo. Needs a year of deveopment elsewhere to see where's he's at. 

Hopeful but not convinced he make it at PL level!

• Like 1

I think he's more than good enough for us as a squad option if needed, but wouldn't be surprised to see him go on loan to a championship club in the summer, and no shame in that Abraham was on loan with us in the championship at an older age. Might allow us to then use Chukwuemeka next season in a similar way to how we're using Ramsey this season, maybe not starting league games, but giving him game time coming off the bench, before deciding whether he should go on loan himself the following season.

I've seen players produce a lot more in their first few appearances and go on to fade into nothingness.

He doesn't look anywhere Craig or Gary Gardener, Nathan baker, Kieran Clarke levels to me.

Don't watch the u23's - but can't really share the excitement from what I have seen so far.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

I've seen players produce a lot more in their first few appearances and go on to fade into nothingness.

He doesn't look anywhere Craig or Gary Gardener, Nathan baker, Kieran Clarke levels to me.

Don't watch the u23's - but can't really share the excitement from what I have seen so far.

Gary Gardner looked like dog**** from his first appearance to his last.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

players develop at different stages. when mings was his age he was playing for chippenham town. when watkins was his age he was at exeter.

it might happen for him, it might not. i hope it does. but he's a little way off right now

Ramsey's doing fine, we're not stupid he wouldn't be getting game time ahead of the likes of Hourihane, Barkley and Sanson if he was as unimpressive as some are broadcasting; and it's not just about what he's doing now, it's also about his potential and the kind of player those that watch him regularly feel he's capable of developing into. If he makes it with us which I think he has a very good chance of doing, then I can see him playing for England one day, as he's the type of midfielder than England are lacking at the moment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

has he played 90 minutes yet? surely not doing his confidence much good getting subbed every time he plays

I think playing at all in the premier league will do a lot more for his confidence then a Friday lunchtime kick off against Burnley kids at Bodymore Heath. 

12 hours ago, hippo said:

Left five years ago and still we all insist on spelling his name wrong. Top notch shithousing.

• Haha 2

He looks neat and tidy and has energy but I agree that he needs to go out and play and develop.  He has consistently scored goals at England age levels so he has to have something. 

I am very hopeful to the lad but we need to manage his development now to ensure that he optimises the talent that he has.

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

He looks neat and tidy and has energy but I agree that he needs to go out and play and develop.  He has consistently scored goals at England age levels so he has to have something. 

I am very hopeful to the lad but we need to manage his development now to ensure that he optimises the talent that he has.

He has? He only has one goal in the England under 20s according to wikipedia.

11 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He has? He only has one goal in the England under 20s according to wikipedia.

You're right.  My mistake.  I thought he'd scored in younger age categories.  Still 1 goal in 1 game for the U-20's is not bad!😉

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think a loan would do him good but I wouldn’t have a problem with him continuing to be a squad player either. He showed against Leeds and Wolves he can hold his own. 

I don't think he'd gain a whole lot from a loan move - he looks ready to me, he's just come in at a time when the squad aren't firing. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â