Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Ramsey has done well, but there's no shame in going on loan to championship club if that's what we think is best, Abraham was on loan in the championship when he was older and it didn't do him any harm, I think Mount was a similar age as well.

He’s one of a few that might go out on loan next season. We have brought in someone specifically (jedinak?) to manage loans as historically it’s a system we’ve managed badly. 

I wouldn’t be against seeing Bidace, Kesler, Carney, Ramsey x2 and Barry all out on loan next season.

Yes, we all want the next Rooney at 17/18, but realistically, we can afford these guys a season in the championship and then get them back at 19/20 to see if they can break through. 

• Like 2

I think loans are a good idea too. I can't help thinking that playing a season of competitive first team football would teach them a lot. I don't want them to be sitting on the fringes of the first team for the next two years, not getting much game time, and then for people to start thinking "well he's a bit older now and hasn't done much". Poor Keinan seems to have gone that way.

If we're going to play them regularly, then by all means keep them - but if it's just going to be brief cameos then I'd prefer to loan them out and bring them back when they're more experienced and better equipped for the PL.

(My opinion on the matter is worth listening to as I've played multiple hours of football manager and I feel like my mediocre results speak for themselves.)

Edited by Panto_Villan

For me the key thing is to hang on to him and the others. I guess whether he goes out on loan will in part depend on signings over the summer. You cant really go wrong loaning to a decent Championship side. Its a tough physical league and it will benefit any of them. 

• Like 2

On loan in the championship he'd be one of the best players at the club and that would give him a lot of responsibility, which would make him grow a lot. Looks like Carney can take his place in the squad, get involved, and possibly go on loan when Ramsey comes back the following season. Nice cycle 

Yeah a season long loan with a championship club i think. What i noticed with Ramsey the more he got game time for Villa, it was a bit rabbit in headlights kinda stuff. He wasn't bad, far from it. He just didn't seem to back himself, was very safe in everything he done. Compared to his spell at Doncaster and the league cup games early on this season, positionally looked excellent and had a real sense of adventure.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that he will go out on loan, but if he does then I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Swansea City if they're not promoted, their manager Steve Cooper has loaned in a few players over the last few seasons that he will know from his time working with the England youth teams, such as Guehi, Gallager, Brewster, and Gibbs-White.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JJ, Chukwuemeka, McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Nakamba + new signing. With Buendia & Jack able (and likely to) play in the 10 role too, we'll have a stacked midfield and no European football games. 

Would JJ be better off going out on Loan? I could see him star for a top Championship club and really help his progression. It might only be looked at in January though

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

JJ, Chukwuemeka, McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Nakamba + new signing. With Buendia & Jack able (and likely to) play in the 10 role too, we'll have a stacked midfield and no European football games. 

Would JJ be better off going out on Loan? I could see him star for a top Championship club and really help his progression. It might only be looked at in January though

Yes. Absolutely. I’d give him a loan and see how he does. 

As much as I want him to make it, our academy also needs to make a profit and if he isn’t quite PL standard, if he excels in a championship side, we could pocket a few million which then goes back into finding the next Grealish, Cahill etc. 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 08:05, CVByrne said:

I reckon so.

I don’t think he is at Premier League level yet.

I reckon Chuk (for the limited number of minutes he has played for us in the league) has shown a lot more bite... passion... ability... flair... strength... Just more... than Jacob has...

IMO, Jacob needs regular first team football as a starter...

Chuk needs to stay with us and get regular minutes off the bench and bed himself in with the first team

• Like 2

Sorry but he didn’t impress me, thought he was played out of necessity and for his energy/legs more than anything…

Hope he’s not getting major game time next season as it would mean our squad is still weak… needs a loan move & further development imo.

• Like 2

He's only young and needs a full season of games on loan to develop and show what he can do. Lots of players keep improving throughout their careers. Look at Targett for example.

If he goes out on Loan this season and we qualify for Europe we'll need a bigger squad next season than this. What is important is that we progress all out players that we sign so if we move any on they are net profits for the club. Especially important for the Academy players to see Villa as a place where you get a chance and can become a Premier League player

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He's only young and needs a full season of games on loan to develop and show what he can do. Lots of players keep improving throughout their careers. Look at Targett for example.

If he goes out on Loan this season and we qualify for Europe we'll need a bigger squad next season than this. What is important is that we progress all out players that we sign so if we move any on they are net profits for the club. Especially important for the Academy players to see Villa as a place where you get a chance and can become a Premier League player

Agreed, I just don’t think JJ is ready for first team action especially if we’re looking up kick on this season and sign better players.

We need to get a few out on loan and see how they develop & progress…

With where we are and where we want to be, JR needed to come in and be spectacular. In reality he was average and if we improve again will struggle to make an impact next year.

send him out on loan and let him develop and then if he progresses give him another look. Let’s not keep him around like Davis only giving him 5 minutes here or there, that will absolutely hinder his progression

• Like 3

Next season I think we will be playing with two 'no.8s' in midfield more oftan than some imagine, and when you look at our options it's only really McGinn and Sanson that you'd call number eights, so as it stands I'm not sure if we're really in a position to loan him out, what happens if one of Sanson or McGinn get injured in his absence, suddely we'd have no choice but to throw in Chukwuemeka who I'm sure we're going to ease into the team over the course of the season but we'll want to do that at our own pace, not throw him in because we've no choice.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Next season I think we will be playing with two 'no.8s' in midfield more oftan than some imagine, and when you look at our options it's only really McGinn and Sanson that you'd call number eights, so as it stands I'm not sure if we're really in a position to loan him out, what happens if one of Sanson or McGinn get injured in his absence, suddely we'd have no choice but to throw in Chukwuemeka who I'm sure we're going to ease into the team over the course of the season but we'll want to do that at our own pace, not throw him in because we've no choice.

Well, based on the current squad--sure. But we are being linked quite heavily with a couple of midfielders at the moment who can play that role in JWP and Sarr.

Sarr plays as a DM, if you were going to replace Sanson or McGinn in the team because of injury Ramsey would make more sense because he's more of an attacking box-to-box midfielder like the aforementioned duo. Not sure what to make of Ward-Prowse, he kind of reminds me of a cross between Hourihane and Westwood and I don't mean that as criticism.

Â