Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On performancs so far, I'd file him under Davis, Moore brothers, Delfouneso and the like. Not a top flight player but may well make a living in League 1. 

Nice to have local players, but they need to be good enough. He looks way off.

• Like 1

He needs a loan, absolutely has to go on loan to a championship club next season. Give the lad 40+ games for a Preston/Blackburn type side, see what he does. Even going to someone like Albion would be good for him. 

If we want to improve, I don’t think he can start for us. I really like him and think he’ll turn into a good player but he really needs a loan. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No more starts.

We have a talent like chuk rightly getting upset that somone like ramsey who has done nothing continues to be ahead of him

Nonsense.

You swallow whatever football insider feed you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah he was on the bench and he should of subbed Ramsey off, Smith had him at his disposal and he failed to utilise him.

Smith does annoy me with his lack of sub usage and in a timely manner as well, what the hell is he playing at.

Chuk should of been used and Smith should acknowledge he's made a balls up there by not trying him out. If Smith is like this now then what's he going to be like next season when it comes to using Chuk or Barry as I feel they could of had a positive effect but we will never know.

I mean...come on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I remember West Ham fans saying similar when Frank Lampard started his career, they were right he wasnt the future of West Ham

😂😂😂😂😂

As bad as a comparison as you could of chosen. They have two arms and two legs and that’s where the similarities end.

I want the kid to succeed, anyone who plays for Villa I want to do well.

However I see no reason why he is starting and am failing to see what he brings to our team when he’s played. I hope he has a great career with us, but can’t see it sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I remember West Ham fans saying similar when Frank Lampard started his career, they were right he wasnt the future of West Ham

Well he wasn't the future of Chelsea either since he got sacked 🤣🤣

Just now, DCJonah said:

How on earth can you claim he's upset?

Im not claiming it as gospel.

But if i was in chuks position id be thinking how the hell is ramsay ahead of me. Given a lot of chances as a youngster and hasnt taken them

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont need to swallow anything thanks

Lots of swallowing going on between you guys 🤣.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But if i was in chuks position id be thinking how the hell is ramsay ahead of me. Given a lot of chances as a youngster and hasnt taken them

Or the opposite... A kid that was a year ahead of him in the academy is getting minutes in the Premier league thanks to villa and Smith, the opportunity is there for the others too

So what's he doing in training, how's he living, how's he look after himself? Role model

Or he could think what's the fans reaction to him... 

The bottom line is you do gotta show something to keep getting chances, and having been given a big one today I thought he was really pretty poor.

I think the argument that he'd benefit from a season playing regularly in the Championship has some merit.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He’s 17 years old and played a full 90 minutes for the under 18s on Friday.

How many times have you seen him play to know that he is more than ready to be starting premier league games?

I wouldn’t mind seeing him get some minutes off the bench but chucking a kid into an out of form starting eleven less than 2 days after he’s played a 90 minute match would seem a bit odd to me.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No more starts.

We have a talent like chuk rightly getting upset that somone like ramsey who has done nothing continues to be ahead of him

Where are these quotes that Chuk is upset? Has it come from the horses mouth? 

Ramsey shone at u18s and 23s level, what’s to say Chuk is better at this stage in his development ? 

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or the opposite... A kid that was a year ahead of him in the academy is getting minutes in the Premier league thanks to villa and Smith, the opportunity is there for the others too

So what's he doing in training, how's he living, how's he look after himself? Role model

Or he could think what's the fans reaction to him... 

Smith must be seeing something alot of us dont then as looking at chuk he looks bloody promising amd should be given some minutes.

Ramsey has had enough chances and hasnt taken them

9 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

He’s 17 years old and played a full 90 minutes for the under 18s on Friday.

How many times have you seen him play to know that he is more than ready to be starting premier league games?

I wouldn’t mind seeing him get some minutes off the bench but chucking a kid into an out of form starting eleven less than 2 days after he’s played a 90 minute match would seem a bit odd to me.

Ive actualky been watchin abit of under 18s/23s this year funny enough. I watched the whole game of the semi vs west brom ans chuk looks way too good for thia level.

Not saying he should be starting games week in or week out. But whats the harm of giving in 15 minutes in a game? Have to show mor efaith in his youngsters.

Barring ramsey who hasnt impressed who else has smith given a chance ?

Â