Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I think at his age he's doing everything you'd want. 

Key standout for me is his high pressures he's great at it and was needed today when he came on, as we missed Oli today.

Secondly he's a strong lad, we've had a lot of academy lads who were excellent footballers but could not cut it physically.

He's also a very quicker thinker and has good movement.

I think his role in the team at the moment us to be quite safe but I hope we get to see him have more freedom over time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I think at his age he's doing everything you'd want. 

Key standout for me is his high pressures he's great at it and was needed today when he came on, as we missed Oli today.

Secondly he's a strong lad, we've had a lot of academy lads who were excellent footballers but could not cut it physically.

He's also a very quicker thinker and has good movement.

I think his role in the team at the moment us to be quite safe but I hope we get to see him have more freedom over time.

It might click for him a bit more when he scores his first goal for us. Already though he has looked very comfortable at Premier League level for a 19 year old. There are not many his age you can say that about.

o

• Like 1

I am glad we have Ramsey coming through the rank as it's been driving me nuts that were seem to be struggling to bring youth through.

He's doing very well Jacob is and I'm sure he will get better, I certainly enjoy watching him play and hopefully next season we see Chuk and Barry get some first team game time.

• Like 1

Again it's crazy how he's getting criticism in a match thread

Does nothing of much note but also absolutely nothing wrong, looks comfortable... Not good enough, loan him out...

Madness, unrealistic expectations of him and other young players, get Chuk in, get Barry in... They will be around about the same, it's a huge step up that takes time 

• Like 3

The bare minimum you expect from youngsters making their way is effort.

Rawness. Fine. Mistakes. Fine.

Effort is a given though.

None of that today from this lad. More moaning and walking than Barkley. Didn't show for the ball didn't run to make himself available.

Just don't see it with this lad. Not writing him off cos he young and can improve, but looks completely lost at this level from what I've seen so far. 

I have no idea what type of midfielder he is supposed to be. He just seems like a complete jack of all trades. 

• Like 1

He's too average to play in the AMC position thats for sure. I mean you have to have a hint of creativity to play there i dont see anything. So weird by Dean infact its baffling.

• Like 1

I don't get the hype around Ramsey. I think Dean is right to give him games and get a feel for him, rather than Barkley who won't be here next season. 

But I can't tell you one clear strength or attribute Ramsey has, there must be better youth prospects that we could blood instead.  

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No more starts.

We have a talent like chuk rightly getting upset that somone like ramsey who has done nothing continues to be ahead of him

Yeah he was on the bench and he should of subbed Ramsey off, Smith had him at his disposal and he failed to utilise him.

Smith does annoy me with his lack of sub usage and in a timely manner as well, what the hell is he playing at.

Chuk should of been used and Smith should acknowledge he's made a balls up there by not trying him out. If Smith is like this now then what's he going to be like next season when it comes to using Chuk or Barry as I feel they could of had a positive effect but we will never know.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No more starts.

We have a talent like chuk rightly getting upset that somone like ramsey who has done nothing continues to be ahead of him

We have a 17 year old upset that he cant get a game in the Premier League? He must have some ego if he feels that 

If he comes in and plays like Ramsey will you be jumping on his back as well. If he plays in the Premier League he will make Douglas Luiz look like Vieira in physique, he is just a kid

• Like 2

Â