Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Ramsay is just lacking in confidence. You can see that there is a player there. It’s hard for any young player to come into a struggling team. I would send him for a season loan in the Championship. It’s a shame his last loan was cut so short because of Covid.

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where are these quotes that Chuk is upset? Has it come from the horses mouth? 

Ramsey shone at u18s and 23s level, what’s to say Chuk is better at this stage in his development ? 

Well on what ive seen ramsey never shown as much as chuk has at that level and has failed at first team level so far

A passenger 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith must be seeing something alot of us dont then as looking at chuk he looks bloody promising amd should be given some minutes.

Ramsey has had enough chances and hasnt taken them

That's the thing though, Smith sees them both every day... 

And when you say hasn't taken it how do you quantify that? What does he have to do to be declared as taking his chance? He's a young central midfielder he's not there for 20+ goal contributions a season, he's there to get the ball, give the ball, move in to space and do it again, which isnt flash or fancy but it's pretty much what he's doing and he's doing it about as well as mcginn or sanson 

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or the opposite... A kid that was a year ahead of him in the academy is getting minutes in the Premier league thanks to villa and Smith, the opportunity is there for the others too

Sorry to pick you out on this, but I think it's important to remember that Jacob Ramsey isn't a kid that was a year ahead of him in the academy - he's a kid that was almost three years ahead of him in the academy - he's two years and four months older than Chukwuemeka - It's a big difference.

At the start of this season, Chukwuemeka wasn't playing for the U23's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the thing though, Smith sees them both every day... 

And when you say hasn't taken it how do you quantify that? What does he have to do to be declared as taking his chance? He's a young central midfielder he's not there for 20+ goal contributions a season, he's there to get the ball, give the ball, move in to space and do it again, which isnt flash or fancy but it's pretty much what he's doing and he's doing it about as well as mcginn or sanson 

Managers make mistakes it happens but ransey has been given a few opportunities now and has done very little. Chuk might not do any better but we wont know unless he is given an opportunity. 

I thought mcginn wqs gokd 1st half to be fair today. Wnd he struggled like the rest. But we know what mcginn can do. Im stilk trying to work out what Ramsey adds!

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where are these quotes that Chuk is upset? Has it come from the horses mouth? 

Ramsey shone at u18s and 23s level, what’s to say Chuk is better at this stage in his development ? 

Could be who knows, drop him in and see.

I think it were worth taking Ramsey off at half time and bringing Chuk on, this is what subs are for as much as the fitness side of things, which is trying to get one player to make a difference where the one your taking off has failed to.

Smith seems unable to use subs early enough for me.

Edited by Dave-R

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Could be who knows, drop him in and see.

I think it were worth taking Ramsey off at half time and bringing Chuk on, this is what subs are for as much as the fitness side of things, which is trying to get one player to make a difference where the one your taking off has failed to.

Smith seems unable to use subs early enough for me.

This is thing whats point of havibg chuk on bench if you have no intention of using him. At some point you have to give him a chance and see how he does.

Ramsay looks like a loan move would greatly benefit him

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This is thing whats point of havibg chuk on bench if you have no intention of using him. At some point you have to give him a chance and see how he does.

Ramsay looks like a loan move would greatly benefit him

Experience. To get him used to it, so he starts to feel at ease being part of the first team preparations. 

Sometimes people talk like we don't have professionals running our club.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Experience. To get him used to it, so he starts to feel at ease being part of the first team preparations. 

Professionals, what are these professionals you speak of?

Professionals GIF by SVU

54 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

They’re 17 and 18 year old kids. How many other teams are playing 17 year olds in premier league games?

Given the rush to write off Ramsey’s career on the back of a handful of appearances I can see why we’re not throwing a load of kids in.

Might be better to get them some experience before fans are back though I suppose as we don’t appear to be the most patient fan base with our players or manager to be fair.

100% agree it’s baffling when people scream for youngsters to get a chance then do everything in their power to tear them down once they get a chance,  Chukwemeka and Louie Barry are being built by a few here now what happens when they play average make a few mistakes or don’t score on their debut?  

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yes but it can have  a negative effect too. Makes them think manager doesnt rate them as not willing to give them 10 minutes.

Palace are poor would have been a good opportunity get chuk on.

Lets be real we have nothing go play so no harm in giving kesler or chuk some minutes.

Just because Ramsey isnt impressing doesnt mean neither of these two will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

100% agree it’s baffling when people scream for youngsters to get a chance then do everything in their power to tear them down once they get a chance,  Chukwemeka and Louie Barry are being built by a few here now what happens when they play average make a few mistakes or don’t score on their debut?  

This is so OTT its unreal. 

What other youngsters have been torn down?

Ans people are entitled to say if ramsey hasnt impressed. He hasnt

• Haha 1

Yes but it can have  a negative effect too. Makes them think manager doesnt rate them as not willing to give them 10 minutes.

Palace are poor would have been a good opportunity get chuk on.

Lets be real we have nothing go play so no harm in giving kesler or chuk some minutes.

Just because Ramsey isnt impressing doesnt mean neither of these two will.

Mate, in all seriousness, do you not think Dean, the first team coaches and the academy coaches speak to the players?

I seriously doubt 17 year old Carney sat there all sad thinking Dean Smith doesn't rate him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The other reason he’s on the bench is because we don’t really have anybody else. He might have been on the bench anyway but we don’t actually have any senior players left to make up the numbers on the bench do we? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Well just like any other player they get the critism they deserve for playing stinkers, we can't be having favouritism now can we.

Equal rights for equal cock ups.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

The other reason he’s on the bench is because we don’t really have anybody else. He might have been on the bench anyway but we don’t actually have any senior players left to make up the numbers on the bench do we? 

Yep. We know squad depth is an issue but it just gets so easily dismissed. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Mate, in all seriousness, do you not think Dean, the first team coaches and the academy coaches speak to the players?

I seriously doubt 17 year old Carney sat there all sad thinking Dean Smith doesn't rate him. 

We dont know though thats the thing. You could be right or i could be right. 

I personally think it really would boost my morale id he showed he belived in me and gave me 10 minutes to make a impact against a shit team like palace. 

Opportunity missed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We dont know though thats the thing. You could be right or i could be right. 

I personally think it really would boost my morale id he showed he belived in me and gave me 10 minutes to make a impact against a shit team like palace. 

Opportunity missed

Well common sense suggests the manager will communicate with him. 

And there's lots of examples of youth players making the match day squad and not being used. It's part of their development. 

Â