Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think a season on a considered loan would bring him on leaps and bounds, certainly looks like greater exposure and first team experience would do him the world of good.

He looks a real talent.

Foden didn’t go out on loan and was introduced gradually, not saying Ramsey is on that level but who knows as we are now we need him as a squad player 

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Foden didn’t go out on loan and was introduced gradually, not saying Ramsey is on that level but who knows as we are now we need him as a squad player 

I just cant see him playing ahead of any of our current midfielders, he is likely only to get substitution minutes so it would be good, given his youth, to go and play a full season of senior, competitive football. Man CIty play more games as they are in more competitions and generally in them longer than we are, and they have a much bigger squad. They can afford to bring on younger talent as they generally play at a higher standard meaning they have higher quality all over the pitch to compensate and cover for introduced talent.

I would suggest that Jack played out of necessity when he was young, but even he was loaned out and it didnt do him any harm.

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I just cant see him playing ahead of any of our current midfielders, he is likely only to get substitution minutes so it would be good, given his youth, to go and play a full season of senior, competitive football. Man CIty play more games as they are in more competitions and generally in them longer than we are, and they have a much bigger squad. They can afford to bring on younger talent as they generally play at a higher standard meaning they have higher quality all over the pitch to compensate and cover for introduced talent.

I would suggest that Jack played out of necessity when he was young, but even he was loaned out and it didnt do him any harm.

I’d play him instead of Barkley in certain games.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Coaching team must be really impressed with his progress and attitude to throw him into yesterday’s game with 20 minutes left. 

Exciting times!!

Think Dean realised v West ham we were dead on our legs.

Both subs yesterday - gave us running power.

Back to JR - not seen anything to get me as excited as some. Still seems a bit intimadated by it all IMO. Hopefully he gets more than the odd 10 mins here and there to show what he can do.

100 million percent theres a real footballer there. Dont know how i know because he hasnt really showed anything that brilliant yet but there is . You can just tell sometimes. Its in his eyes. No nerves . Just a blank expression that nothing phases him. Plus he is nicknamed Rambo.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Haven't seen anything yet that's impressed me. I'd really like to. I know it's not his fault he's only had sub appearances so far.

Temperament?  To come in and not be fazed at a young age is something that cannot be coached.

On 07/02/2021 at 18:37, hippo said:

Back to JR - not seen anything to get me as excited as some. Still seems a bit intimadated by it all IMO. 

Granted he’s not played a lot but I get some of the hype. He’s not tearing it up but i don’t think he looks intimidated at all.

if anything I think he’s putting his foot in and trying things.

He’s quite lean so will be a strong lad after another season, looks like he has some skill and some bite and I he looks like he’s getting in position to score.

Next time he comes on I’ll be betting on him next goal scorer.

He played the full 90 minutes against Wolves and did well against a tough opponent, not every youngster coming through is going to look like a world beater, but he's doing well enough and has been a little unlucky not to score on a few occassions. His assist against Bristol City for Traore's goal was very good as well. Having him come through will probably save us a lot of money in the transfer market.

Also him getting game time and now being rewarded with a new contract is good for our other young players coming through, as it shows them that it's possible to make it with us if they do well, and gives them something to aim for.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, handsworthlion said:

Good News on the 4 year Deal.. he does need a run games though... and preferably this season.. and preferably with us.!

I think we're using him perfectly.

He's now trusted by DS to come on with 15 minutes left v likes of Chelsea and Arsenal and help us get the result we need and he's done that. Much easier to throw him on when we're 3 up v Palace or West Brom with no pressure but his development is already in advance of that.

Of course we'd like him to start a few more games and I was surprised he didn't get in v Newcastle but perhaps DS looked at the Wolves game and there were aspects he was happy with so easier to get him used to the pace with 15-20 minute cameos.

Edited by VillaChris

On 07/02/2021 at 18:50, thunderball said:

We've had this discussion on other threads / players

Ultimately I think we have to trust the management that we've put in place to do what is best for him and us 

Yes he should play more football but at the same time he's training every day with grealish and Barkley under the nose of Smith, Shakespeare and Terry being moulded in to exactly the player we think he should be, also with the aid of our sports science team and fitness guys etc in our great training facility

Would going on loan to Oldham really make him better? 

I think the idea of "men's football" and toughening up down in the lower leagues is overrated and not guaranteed to work 

Still kind of meh on the kid. Best praise I can give him is that he didn't look out of place but I'd be lying if I said I'd saw anything impressive yet. Think some people are giving too much credit on the couple of shots he's had. He didn't really take any of them that well to my memory.

Not looking out of place in the premier league as a teenager playing your first games at that level, and getting into goalscoring positions, is about as impressive as can be expected. Seems like some are putting him down because he doesn't already look like some wonder kid.

• Like 1

Â