Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

He has played some lovely football this season.  Deserves a start based on the lacklustre offerings we've had from our midfield 3 recently and the fact we've looked brighter and more progressive when Ramsey has been on the pitch.

I can't work out if he's a replacement for Barkley or a replacement for the more offensive of our our two CDMs. Anyone able to shed a light on his preferred position or where they would play him?

I am being told on here, that we haven't got 2 CDM's.....its 2 x 8's...?

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I am being told on here, that we haven't got 2 CDM's.....its 2 x 8's...?

Im so glad there seems to be a renaissance of using positional football terminology instead of **** football manager talk!

The inevitable dumbing down of the English language gets a kick in the knackers!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see Smith be a little more daring in his team selection the rest of the season. We aren't getting relegated and not much else is realistically on the line.

Start Ramsey, if not v Leeds, then Sheff Utd.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'd like to see Smith be a little more daring in his team selection the rest of the season. We aren't getting relegated and not much else is realistically on the line.

Start Ramsey, if not v Leeds, then Sheff Utd.

Some might argue that insisting with barkley is indeed daring 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WooJung said:

Some might argue that insisting with barkley is indeed daring 😁

Yes but one day that cylinder will revolve and the bullet is actually going to be in the chamber when he's pulls that trigger.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yes but one day that cylinder will revolve and the bullet is actually going to be in the chamber when he's pulls that trigger.

I’d be quite happy if he scores the winner tomorrow. The only problem is the next 5 games will be guaranteed starts and more empty chambers.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Good learning curve for him but he's struggling a bit with the physicality of the Leeds players - they're all huge compared to him. 

I've got enough experience from football to know size is only a hinderance if you make it, i.e. by tactics. You need to adapt to the physicality and be bedded but that goes for all players

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've got enough experience from football to know size is only a hinderance if you make it, i.e. by tactics. You need to adapt to the physicality and be bedded but that goes for all players

It's strength rather than size, they've manhandled him out of possession fairly easily at least a couple of times. Just needs to release the ball quicker to avoid getting caught. Guile can beat strength but he'll learn.

43 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's strength rather than size, they've manhandled him out of possession fairly easily at least a couple of times. Just needs to release the ball quicker to avoid getting caught. Guile can beat strength but he'll learn.

Strength and size in that age is the same thing. He doesn't just need to release the ball quicker or adapt to the pace of the game. That's not my point. He needs to adapt to the beating. Anyone coming in with talent can adapt to pace. Adapting to being roughed up when playing is something else. It will come.

Â