Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He's too good to be a squad player and needs game time now to develop into a top class 1st team player. He needs to loaned out or sold with a buy back clause or large sell on fee (which would be my preference) 

• Confused 3

I was all for him being involved in the match day 18 getting the odd minute here and there along with training with the first team and getting valuable experience that way.

If he isn't going to get on the bench on the regular as Southampton might indicate then another loan move for me. 

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I was all for him being involved in the match day 18 getting the odd minute here and there along with training with the first team and getting valuable experience that way.

If he isn't going to get on the bench on the regular as Southampton might indicate then another loan move for me. 

Agreed, I understand the need for depth but he’s 19 so needs the minutes to develop.

Leaves us with Mcginn, Nakamba, Barkley, Sanson, Luiz and Grealish if needed. 

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

And me, especially with the 9 subs, was hoping for 2 kids added to each bench 

What we've actually done with the 9 subs is covered more positions, a RB and a LB on there for example 

Its disappointingly sensible 

Previous to the last two games Ramsey had come off the bench four games in a row, his way to first team football isn't as congested as it looks, Luiz and Nakamba are DMs so he's not really competing with them, Grealish will mostly be playing on the left, so that leaves Barkley, McGinn and Sanson, and we're bound to get injuries and suspensions as well. If we do get a few injuries might see Aaron Ramsey or Chukwuemeka involved before the season's over, especially if we get to the stage when we have nothing left to play for.

Edited by useless

I think we've got six decent options now in the middle of the park for three positions - that's exactly as it should be - Luiz, McGinn, Sanson and Nakamba for the holding stuff, Barkley and Ramsey for the forward stuff - and the best thing about the group is that an awful lot of those players are capable of fulfilling more than one role in our midfield.

Oh, and we still have Jack for emergencies!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

He should have smashed it. 

Or taken it further. He had space to bring it forward a bit more before taking the shot. The bit of skill to take it away from the Arsenal guy was very nice though.

He has a bright future. He's got a big frame too so when he fills out a bit he'll be well able for the PL.

• Like 2

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Or taken it further. He had space to bring it forward a bit more before taking the shot. The bit of skill to take it away from the Arsenal guy was very nice though.

He has a bright future. He's got a big frame too so when he fills out a bit he'll be well able for the PL.

That skill was filthy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Am sure he will start a game vs the bottom three. He should be, he’s shown he’s good enough 

• Like 1

I'm surprised he got on today, fair game to Smith he sees something I'm him and I reckon with a bit more compsure he would have scored today, just like his other cameo appearances. This kids a bit special. 

I loved his cameo today. Switching with Barkley allowed us to maintain our shape for the counter without sitting too deep and inviting further pressure. He had a lot of energy in terms of his pressing also which was absent as Barkley ran out of steam.

His dribbling and effort (though not the right choice) demonstrates the talent and confidence he has.

Really excited to see what he brings moving forward.

Good sub from Dean.

i thought he looked good today, that little roll/step over to allow the shot was class.

also, it was noticeable how much he tracked back and worked, excellent stuff.....not just the forward stuff....

Hopefully he continues to develop, he is going to be a good part of the squad next season i reckon.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Â