Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Think he starts on the weekend with McGinn out

Not sure on that, he's been rotated in and out in Barkleys position. Ramsey isnt really a CM in the sense that we would need to replace McGinn in what will be a physical battle, I half think Nakamba might start. But I suppose he could push Barkley backwards and go:

Jack.   Ramsey.   Traore

Luiz.    Barkley

It'd be a good chance to get Ramsey a start. I'm expecting this though:

AEG.       Jack.    Traore

Luiz.      Barkley

With minutes for Ramsey as he has been getting. With Nakamba getting some time too as I doubt Ross can do 90 mins just yet. 

Keeps finding himself in amazing goal scoring opportunities. That's no mistake he has that bit of instinct that can't be taught. He's going bang in one eventually and it will be glorious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

With Sanson’s arrival imminent, Ramsey needs a loan. Excited to see how this kid turns out. 

Ramsey was getting minutes when Hourihane was here. Hourihane has left and we are replacing him. I don't see how that effects Ramsey's place in the squad. I think Guilbert leaves before the deadline. We aren't going to be going with 2 right full backs on the bench in most match day squads.

Edited by Johnnyp

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Ramsey was getting minutes when Hourihane was here. Hourihane has left and we are replacing him. I don't see how that effects Ramsey's place in the squad.

Perhaps. I just feel as though Ramsey needs a loan regardless. I really do. 

We’ve mismanaged so many youngsters in the past. He needs a season playing 40 games against men. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ramsey was getting minutes when Hourihane was here. Hourihane has left and we are replacing him. I don't see how that effects Ramsey's place in the squad. I think Guilbert leaves before the deadline. We aren't going to be going with 2 right full backs on the bench in most match day squads.

Yeah but Sanson is no Hourihane, and leapfrogs BOTH him and Ramsey.

Hourihane was behind Ramsey.

So effectively, if they are both on the bench, you assume Sanson is priority over him.

That's the main difference IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

With Sanson’s arrival imminent, Ramsey needs a loan. Excited to see how this kid turns out. 

Tend to agree. For three central slots we got Jack, Barkley, Traore, Luiz, McGinn, Nakamba  Ramsey and now Sanson.

I see little reason to hamper Ramsey's progression, when we have adequate cover. Out of all cups. Can make tactical changes if push comes to shove as well.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Tend to agree. For three central slots we got Jack, Barkley, Traore, Luiz, McGinn, Nakamba  Ramsey and now Sanson.

I see little reason to hamper Ramsey's progression, when we have adequate cover. Out of all cups. Can make tactical changes if push comes to shove as well.

Exactly. Grealish can play as a ten if all else fails too. 

There’s no point in him being here and getting the last 5 minutes here and there. Get him out on loan playing 180 minutes every week. 

Surely he’ll develop more that way? 

If we do loan him out I hope we look at the club we loan him out to properly. Last thing we need is him going out on loan to a club who completely bypasses midfield for example and there is plenty of that in the championship. Personally I’d still keep him and reassess in the summer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If we do loan him out I hope we look at the club we loan him out to properly. Last thing we need is him going out on loan to a club who completely bypasses midfield for example and there is plenty of that in the championship. Personally I’d still keep him and reassess in the summer. 

I'd send him to Barnsley in a heartbeat if he would get a start. I watched them v Norwich yesterday (expecting to see Norwich in entertaining full flow) and found myself far more impressed with the way Barnsley played.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Perhaps. I just feel as though Ramsey needs a loan regardless. I really do. 

We’ve mismanaged so many youngsters in the past. He needs a season playing 40 games against men. 

Have we ? I don't think anyone has fallen through the net really recently where you think, " yeah he'd of made it here " I think our decision making with youngsters as regards playing them and letting them go has been spot on and we have the benefit of hindsight since, to see where these fellas have ended up. Ramsey looks a step up in quality from those we have released.

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but Sanson is no Hourihane, and leapfrogs BOTH him and Ramsey.

Hourihane was behind Ramsey.

So effectively, if they are both on the bench, you assume Sanson is priority over him.

That's the main difference IMO.

Yes but it was still Hourihane, Nakamba and Ramsey on the bench, whatever about order etc. We had 3 midfielders as subs in the match day squad and i don't think that will change. I think management want that therefore if Sanson goes ahead ( and yes he does ) of Ramsey in the match day pecking order, Ramsey will and should be still in the squad. We seen last year with Heaton and Wesley, things can go south pretty easily with injuries. I'd be looking at a season long loan with a 1-8 championship side next season for him where he is playing every week. I don't want us to throw something together in a week or so before the end of january and give him to Charlton or whatever. What's the point.

• Like 1

Â