Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Every single time he comes on, he is close to scoring. I'd be very interested to see him have a full game with our strongest team.

he started against Wolves?? (where we won)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

He had a simple pass on, and an almost certain goal. It was a bad decision to shoot. Still he has promise. Surprised he came on ahead of Luiz though!

Luiz needs the rest. This will give him 10 days between games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe Barkley has been bought in to allow JJ to develop a little and learn from Ross in training. What I like about him is how in every appearance he's been in goal scoring positions.

Covered more ground in 20 minutes than Barkley did in 70 

It's rather amusing he makes us look better than Barkley, who is supposed to be a star player from Chelsea on god knows how much money. 

Obviously a small sample pool, and Barkley may come back fully fit and prove us wrong, but Ramsey has impressed. 

• Like 2

Other than Grealish one of the first youngsters in a long time who you instantly feel he belongs at this level. I think tactically he isn't there yet which comes with experience but no fans in the stadium is really helping as he can be coached from the touchline.

Really excited to see what more he can do this season.

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still think he needs 46 games in the championship. 

(I know some disagree!)

Agree if it's the right club. Needs to be a good standard at the top part of the championship where he will get to experience playing at a high tempo, looking to score goals.

No value for me in him spending a season watching the ball sail over his head or camped in his half defending for his life.

• Like 2

If he's getting minutes for us he doesn't need to out on loan, in the past we held onto youngsers like O'Hare, Hepburn-Murphy, Doyle-Hayes and so on too long before loaning them out, but they weren't even getting any game time in the championship, with Ramsey it's different, he's getting game time in the premier league.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Every single time he comes on, he is close to scoring. I'd be very interested to see him have a full game with our strongest team.

Every time he comes on he get's so close to scoring an absolute banger. Can't wait for the first one. It's going to be FILTHY!

Really like this guy and his development is progressing getting regular minutes and being managed well by the staff, he is going to score soon. Could do with arriving later into the box a bit more imo instead of attacking the same post as Ollie  seen him do that 2-3 times now he could find him self in a nice pocket of space if he arrived a bit later near the penalty spot for rebounds or cutbacks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

If he's getting minutes for us he doesn't need to out on loan, in the past we held onto youngsers like O'Hare, Hepburn-Murphy, Doyle-Hayes and so on too long before loaning them out, but they weren't even getting any game time in the championship, with Ramsey it's different, he's getting game time in the premier league.

I don't entirely agree, I still find a lot of value in him playing regularly in the championship, not only because you would expect him to have much game time, but more importantly he would no longer be a home-grown lad there, they won't give a damn about developing him, he will have the pressure to perform on the pitch and I think that's a crucial part of learning the trade. 

If it doesn't work out for him, then find another club where he might be more lucky. 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Really like this guy and his development is progressing getting regular minutes and being managed well by the staff, he is going to score soon. Could do with arriving later into the box a bit more imo instead of attacking the same post as Ollie  seen him do that 2-3 times now he could find him self in a nice pocket of space if he arrived a bit later near the penalty spot for rebounds or cutbacks.

He did this yesterday. Watkins got the ball from Grealish took down the left hand side of the Holding (maybe Bellerin) I think and shot. Ramsey showed a lovely bit of movement, shaping one way and going the other, and was there for a tap-in had Ollie squared it. It would have been a difficult pass though. It would have had to go behind three defenders and also beat the keeper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â